VHB’s Boston Office provides planning, permitting and engineering services for projects located primarily in Boston and Cambridge. We are looking for an entry-level Civil/Site Engineer to join our staff.
VHB’s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
The successful candidate will support team Project Engineers and Project Managers in design and agency review of site development projects in an urban setting.
- Site layout and grading using AutoCAD
- Coordination with architects and building mechanical engineers and plumbers
- Hydraulic analysis and stormwater treatment design
- Utility layout and detailing
- Utility agency coordination
- Construction phase design support
Skills & Abilities
- Advanced CAD skills including LD Desktop/Civil 3D
- HydroCAD and StormCAD skills are desirable
- Strong communication skills
- Time management skills
- Able to work collaboratively
- BS in Civil Engineering
- 0-3 years of professional experience
- EIT Preferred
- Familiarity in all areas of site engineering, stormwater and utility design supporting building projects
- Boston and Cambridge project experience a plus
Please submit applications online.
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We’re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for 40 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.