Entry Level Compliance – Medical Office Support
To ensure all tasks related to incoming and outgoing WRITTEN correspondence are handled in compliance with company policies, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, and the Fair Credit Reporting Act, where applicable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Each Patient Quality Representative is assigned a combination of the following tasks based on the needs for his/her site location:
- Processing incoming patient and insurance written correspondence. This position does not deal with any customer service and/or phone responsibilities, written correspondence only.
- Completing debt validations, itemized bills, and itemized receipts
- Reviewing initial or altered batches of outgoing notices and statements
- Verifying active military duty status
- Sending HIPAA-authorization forms out when requested
- Updating protected health information in our system
- Sending identity theft affidavits & 30-day follow-up on accounts
- Researching bankruptcy records and locating applicable accounts from court notices and established work queues
- Processing standard outgoing letters for dispute responses, settlement proposals/confirmation, closed accounts, etc.
- Review all paid in full letter requests
- Handling of disputes from credit-reporting agencies
- Manually maintaining accurate reporting on patient credit file
- Performs other activities and responsibilities as assigned.
- Administrative Skills
- Written Communication Skills
- Self-guided Worker
- Attention to Detail
- Time Management
- Advanced aptitude in Microsoft Office Tools
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent REQUIRED
- 1 year of experience in an office or hospital setting preferred but not required.
- Legal or compliance experience and an understanding of medical billing concepts a plus