Performs contract functions which provide for negotiation, placement, administration, and close out of standard and non-standard contracts. Conducts inquiry preparation, contract negotiation, pre-bid/kick-off meetings, contract administration, and customer activities to provide for contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications. Identify problems and or improvement opportunities, performs investigation and analysis, develops and recommends solution alternatives and implements solutions to ensure the integrity and effectiveness relative to assigned contracts. Provides constructive feedback to cognizant requisitioner on technical specifications associated with contract placement. Participates on a process improvement team reviewing current processes and initiating improvements to gain efficiencies. Prepares reports to management and customer as needed. Advises management of contractual rights and obligations; compiles and analyzes data, and maintains contractual documentation in an orderly manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of two years relevant experience; or
- Master’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university and one year of relevant experience
Job Preferred Skills
- Supply chain, procurement, contracts or related academic experience, training, internships or work experience.
- Strong analytical skills as well as communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong negotiations skills.
- High level of efficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal/team building skills.
- Ability to multi-task.