Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We offer competitive salaries along with a complete benefits package including: medical, vision, & dental coverage, 401K Matching, Educational Reimbursement, and a variety of Training and Development Programs to help you develop the skills you need to succeed in your chosen career path.
Wood Environmental & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a motivated, Entry-Level Environmental Scientist to join our growing environmental consulting office in Chelmsford, MA. Position provides an opportunity for growth, including report preparation, development of regulatory knowledge and other tasks as qualified. The Chelmsford office includes a multi-disciplinary environmental consulting team with approximately 80 professionals including engineers, scientists, risk assessors, environmental permitting, designers, and support staff.
The position is predominately field support and will include assisting with all aspects of environmental and remedial investigations of hazardous waste sites, including but not limited to data collection, subcontractor oversight, permitting, and health & safety compliance.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in geology or environmental science required
- 0 - 3 years of related experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Successful work in a team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong quantitative and statistical analysis skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft office; MS Excel
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER Training
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with the ability/desire to lead tasks
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Self-starter and fast learner
- Field activities may require working in unfavorable weather conditions
- May lift equipment and carry laboratory samples which require the ability to lift up to 40 pounds
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
By submitting your resume, you consent to Wood plc sharing this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities for which you may be suitable.