SCS Engineers is an employee-owned environmental consulting and contracting firm that designs and implements sustainable environmental solutions. We just celebrated our 50th anniversary as a company on April 1, 2020! Our core capabilities are: solid and hazardous waste management, landfill gas, environmental due-diligence and assessment, brownfields redevelopment , site remediation, renewable energy, and regulatory compliance for businesses and municipalities responsible for protecting our air, water, and soil. Our employees take pride in their work, and together, we have the singular vision to be the environmental firm of choice for clients and our employee owners. If you thrive in a friendly, collaborative company and desire dynamic and challenging work among a team of innovative individuals, then SCS is the place for you. Are you up for the challenge?
Under general supervision operates, monitors and maintains gas migration control/recovery systems including gas well monitoring and adjustment, troubleshooting, and system repairs. This position will report to the Taunton, MA office but there will be travel throughout Rhode Island, Connecticut and Massachusetts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Field sampling of various test locations including wells, probes, headers, blowers, flares, pumps, etc.
- Operate and maintain various analytical equipment including calibration
- Maintenance activities such as greasing blowers, cleaning tanks, fusing pipe, and repairing pumps just to name a few
- Monitoring industrial environmental control systems
- Collect and evaluate/interpret scientific data; Communicate observations and technical data verbally and in writing
- Perform work independently or as a team member in a professional, productive and safe manner, adopting the principles of SCS' safety culture
- 0 to 3 years in O&M of mechanical systems or pipeline construction preferred
- Ability to work with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to read maps, construction plans, specifications, and diagrams
- Effective organizational as well as written and verbal communication skills
- Valid driver’s license with a driving record in good standing required
- 40 hour Health and Safety, 8 hour Management and Supervisor, OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120, Confined Space Entry, and Trench Excavation Safety training, preferred
- Meet physical requirements for driving (pick-up truck), walking inspection of improved and unimproved property, lifting and carrying equipment/mechanical components (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), hand excavation/digging (using shovels/picks), carrying and climbing ladders, operating and working from man lifts, operating electric tools (drills, saws, etc.), using hand tools (screw drivers, wrenches, hammers, etc.) and providing services under varying weather conditions
At SCS, you will have an opportunity to contribute to our strategic direction, help us continue to grow, and provide our clients with responsive, innovative, high quality client service. We offer excellent opportunities for career advancement and a competitive compensation package, including: medical, dental, vision, 401K, ESOP, Student Debt Employer Contribution Program, paid holidays and PTO.
SCS Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). SCS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
If you have questions, difficulty using our online system and/or you need an accommodation due to a disability then please contact us about your interest in employment at firstname.lastname@example.org.