The Collections Resolution Associates are responsible for taking a wide range of delinquent calls to bring cardholder’s accounts current. Collections Resolution Associates are responsible for securing payment on accounts that are between one and six months past due through manually dialing, skip tracing or automated dialer.
Essential Job Functions
Secure payment arrangements with customers and bring all of their delinquent accounts current by determining which payment method works best for the card holder and clients.
Update and document account information and records, identify, resolve, and escalate any customer concerns in a timely manner, and respond to/redirect calls as appropriate. Answer customer service related questions and de-escalate customers calls in response to collection calls or letters.
Provide resolution to higher stage delinquent accounts to include providing hardship and settlement options. This includes research and appropriate handling of all customer’s accounts with Alliance Data, which may have different divisions.
Meet established goals to ensure success in helping customers resolve their delinquency including call quality, account documentation, and productivity measures.
Actively participants in coaching sessions with leader to improve/maintain performance standards. Open communication with leader.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Previous Collections and/or Sales experience preferred. Previous customer service experience a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Excellent computer abilities to navigate our care systems, as well as the Windows environment
Ability to negotiate payment, de-escalation skills and decision making ability
Ability to communicate in a respectful and assertive manner
Strong problem solving skills
Basic data-entry and typing skills
Basic mathematical abilities
Ability to work in a fast paced environment where changes to procedures are common
Predictable, regular attendance
Working Conditions/ Physical Requirements
Call Center environment
This job description is illustrative of the types of duties typically performed by this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of each and every essential function of the job. Because job content may change from time to time, the Company reserves the right to add and/or delete essential functions from this job at any time.
“What’s in it for you?”
· Competitive Compensation + performance-based incentives!
· Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
· Fitness reimbursement and wellness programs
· 401(k) with company match
· Employee stock purchase plan
· Paid time off
· Back-up child care
· Tuition reimbursement
· A dynamic and innovative work environment
· Countless career and development opportunities
· And so much more!
We are looking for adaptable and dependable Incoming Collections Call Center Agent who combine a passion for providing quality customer service with a background in banking or collections support to secure payment arrangements. You should also have the time-management and organizational skills necessary to effectively handle multiple expectations and thrive in a performance-based call center environment. It is also vital that you display exceptional verbal and written communication, negotiation and active-listening skills, as well as the ability to easily establish rapport and credibility with a variety of customers.
· High school diploma or GED
· Stable employment record
· Ability to maintain outstanding attendance at all times
· Schedule flexibility to work 40 hours per week including days, evenings and weekends
· Ability to effectively communicate in a respectful and assertive manner
· Willingness to submit to and pass E-Verify and background check
· Ability to feel comfortable sitting for most of an 8h shift
· Excellent computer abilities to navigate our care systems, as well as the Windows environment
· Ability to negotiation payment
· Strong problem solving skills
· Basic data-entry and typing skills
· Basic mathematical abilities
· Previous collections, call center or sales experience
Build trust. Work Together. Communicate Openly. Innovate and Create. Teach and Learn. Give Back. Have fun and grow with us!
- Alliance Data offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive selection of benefit options including 401(k).
- All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of credit and background checks.
- Alliance Data is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Alliance Data will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
- Any applicant offered employment will be required to establish that they are legally authorized to work in the United States for Alliance Data.
- Alliance Data participates in E-Verify.
- Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal and credit histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.