Ramaker and Associates, a 100% employee-owned company, is searching for a highly motivated Entry Level Land Surveyor to join our Civil/Survey Team. The goal of this position is to work closely with team members and Project Managers to learn technical expertise on a variety of different projects throughout the Midwest. This position will be based out of our Sauk City or our soon-to-open Madison, WI office.
In this role, you will learn to:
- Address multiple concurrent survey projects for successful scope, field work, documentation, schedule and budget delivery
- Perform survey field work including control surveys, property surveys, existing condition and topographic surveys, and construction staking services
- Perform survey office work to develop the following or similar documents: ALTA/ACSM Land Title Survey; Boundary Survey; Topographic Survey; Building Permit Survey; Condominium Plat; Land Development Plat; and Registered Land Survey
- Maintain survey equipment
- Work closely with senior level team members responsible for survey project quality control and conformance with company standards
- Communicate effectively with project team and clients to address project needs and technical expectations.
- Bachelor's or technical degreewith land surveying curriculum that meets Wisconsin and Minnesota minimum requirements for licensure
- Ability to obtain Professional Land Surveying licensure in Wisconsin and Minnesota within four years of date of employment
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Word & Excel, AutoCAD Civil 3D, Surveying Software
- Survey equipment operation and maintenance skills are required
- Travel is expected to client locations and project sites throughout the Midwest
- Driving to/from job sites regularly will be required. Some extended travel including overnight stays is anticipated generally not to exceed two weeks per month.
- Capability to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, complete hand excavations and set corners/stakes with a large hammer
- This position requires working outdoors year-round. Imminent exposure to outdoor weather and challenging site conditions should be expected
- Deliver enthusiasm to learn and demonstrate abilities to go above and beyond for exceptional collaboration with clients and team members