Driver Recruiting & Retention Specialist
JOB OBJECTIVE: Responsible for working closely with drivers, handling complaints, discussing challenges and developing action plans to improve retention each day. Pro-actively recruits screen and hire qualified drivers for Cowan Systems, LLC in approved geographic regions and in accordance with company guidelines, DOT regulations and Federal and State Employment Laws.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Know and understand Cowan Systems, LLC driver qualifications standards, Department of Transportation Regulations, Federal and State Employer Laws. Execute daily practices that support those qualifications standards and regulations.
- Obtain driver leads and contact potential candidates via phone, e-mail, and fax as necessary to establish contact and begin building rapport. Pro-actively reach out and engage every qualified lead.
- Answer incoming calls and inquires generated from various sources such as ads, internet, job search engines, billboards, networking, etc. Guide candidate in screening process to determine eligibility from information supplied to the company according to standard criteria.
- Conduct interviews via phone or in person and disseminates company information regarding potential employment opportunities.
- Sell Cowan Systems, LLC by being a positive �first contact� and company advocate by accurately and professionally expressing the opportunities and benefits of driving for Cowan Systems, LLC.
- Execute conditional offers of employment or issues denials of employment to non-qualified applicants via professional phone interaction or other means of communication and record information as determined by regulations or company standards.
- Evaluate and recommend beneficial recruiting resources to utilize to successfully generate leads and attract potential drivers to meet company hiring goals.
- Maintain/update applicant database and provide reports as requested such as sourcing reports, applicant tracking and other recruiting based data as directed by immediate supervisor.
- Prepare and present professional and accurate information about Cowan Systems, LLC opportunities as needed to potential applicants at CDL schools, job fairs, etc.
- Schedule and confirm orientation start dates with applicants and notify pertinent Cowan Systems, LLC personnel of orientation attendees. Coordinate applicant transportation to orientation site.
- Engage fleet managers and other Cowan Systems, LLC personnel as required assisting with transportation.
- Develop and maintain recognition programs.
- Conduct assessments working along with operations to determine improving driver issues.
- Work with operations on driver utilization, ensuring drivers are getting the committed and needed miles; while determining and identify causes to develop strategies and action plans to make the driver more successful.
- Instruct new drivers post orientation how to be successful company driver.
- Manager company driver daily retention issues that are field from the Hot Line or presented to or by the Fleet Managers.
- Identify and evaluate company driver compensation on an on-going basis to ensure it meets drivers� expectations.
- Update and Distribute The Driver Turnover Summary.
- Update and Distribute The Weekly Application Cost Progression Report.
- Establish and maintain an analytical program to review monthly sign and referral bonus by location offers versus payout to determine cost trends and overall effectiveness.
- Maintain the Master Advertising Spreadsheet summarizes drivers hired, drivers lost, average days worked before separation, sign on bonuses (offer vs. paid), total advertising spend actual vs. projected.
- Update and maintain the Tenstreet Outcome Report to determine response time from approvals to operations review updates to improve hire percentage from approvals to hires.
NOTE: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards to the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by the immediate supervisor.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS FOR THE JOB:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Strong telephone etiquette and skills
- Good organizational skills
- Microsoft office skills-Intermediate (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Professional Appearance
EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS FOR THE JOB:
- Ability to communicate, establish credibility and influence change within all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Motivated and focused to see projects from creation to completion with limited supervision.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills- oral and written. Demonstrate the ability to conduct effective presentations and orally deliver recruiting message to groups or individuals.
- Pleasant and assertive/persuasive personality.
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment, initiative and the ability to make sound business decisions based on multiple data sources.
- Must be able to effectively and accurately complete work with a sense of urgency.
- Possess effective organizational and prioritization skills to manage multiple candidates/applications at same time.
- Ability to demonstrate professional and positive presentation of Cowan Systems, LLC to effectively �sell� the company and its mission to potential candidates.
- Ability to maintain composure and react professionally during periods of stress.
- Demonstrate confidentiality standards and judgment in handling personal information.
- Must be self-motivated, able and willing to work independently and get results.
- Proficiency in various computer programs including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook. Willingness and ability to learn new software programs.
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- Must be willing to work overtime and holidays when necessary
- Must be safety and quality conscious
- May be required to use personal vehicle for business related purposes