Soundair Aviation Services, located in the town of Snohomish, has multiple openings for full-time Technicians to repair and overhaul commercial aircraft components. Training is provided. Must have mechanical aptitude and be familiar with tools. Electronics knowledge is also helpful.
Commercial airlines ship us component parts from their aircraft such as coffee makers, ovens, faucets, oxygen systems, lavatory components, transparencies, and many more items. Our repair team performs maintenance on these parts and our engineering team designs and improves a variety of parts. The company started in 1985 and has grown and evolved into an experienced team with many long-term employees.
The technician is responsible for the maintenance (activities relating to repair and overhaul) of aircraft components; disassemble, inspect, trouble-shoot, and assemble components in accordance to manufacture specifications. Assure that customer orders are completed within company standards and procedures by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Has responsibility to assure that work is performed in accordance with the operations policy and procedure, including daily verification that all aircraft related material in area is properly identified, maintained, preserved, and segregated.
- For production under the technicians' control, assures that all work records and statements of work are performed in accordance with the specifications, and that all interim quality inspections are performed.
- Ensure that the data being used to perform maintenance and alteration tasks is current per the repair station requirements.
- Properly record the work performed on the appropriate maintenance record.
- Properly maintain personal training records.
- Is directly responsible to assure at the conclusion of the shift that all work areas are clean, orderly, and customer owned material requirements have been followed.
- Responsible for maintaining equipment and tools in a serviceable and working condition. Perform other routine shop maintenance as required.
- Must have mechanical aptitude.
- Basic electrical knowledge preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend technical writing.
- Team oriented, must have ability to work cohesively with others.
- Flexible and willing to shift priorities as needed.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Dependable with good attendance and ability to work over-time as needed.
- Self-motivated; ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Computer literate; proficient in business computer system.
- Pre-employment and random drug testing required.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); prefer some related college courses, certificate, or associate degree; one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Soundair, aviation, aerospace, snohomish, technician