The Entry-Mid Level Architect, with overall supervision from the Manager of Architecture and day-to-day supervision from the Project Manager and/or Project Architect, assists in executing project- and office-related design and technical tasks of simple to moderate complexity.
- Capable of reading existing construction documents and accurately field checking architectural features on existing buildings.
- Possesses / demonstrates the graphic ability to produce existing building as-built drawings and develop architectural building backgrounds.
- Possesses / demonstrates the knowledge and ability to set up project files per client or office standards. Accurately produces construction documents based on direction from the Project Architect.
- Assists in preparation of schematics design documents.
- Assists with design tasks of limited scope (e.g. stairs and toilet room layouts) and with basic technical documentation tasks (e.g. schedules, reflected ceiling plans, and typical details)
- Possesses / demonstrates the communication skills to work with all assigned project team members, including engineering disciplines. Follows direction from the Project Manager or Project Architect and advises of any questions.
- Assists in programming sessions, preparation of programming documents and presentation materials.
- Proficient with basic Revit modeling skills and the ability to pick-up redlines (e.g. notes, dimensions, etc.).
- Familiar with Revit model creation and the development of family content.
- Proficient with Revit project set-up and workset/model management.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Architectural Engineering required; Masters preferred.
- 3-5 years related architecture experience.
- Begin NCARB and AXP/ARE testing process started
Skills / Competencies:
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Bluebeam Revu
Ghafari Associates is a leading architecture, engineering, consulting and construction services organization with a long-standing history of client focus, quality design and technological innovation. With offices in North and South America, the Middle East and India, Ghafari serves a diverse client base across a variety of technically intensive market sectors. The firm distinguishes itself as an operations-focused practice with experienced management leadership, expert technical resources and an impressive portfolio of projects. Regardless of project size or complexity, we follow an integrated approach to deliver solutions that synergize building systems and operations.
Ghafari was founded on innovation, and is recognized as a pioneer in adopting the latest technologies in real project applications. That tradition continues today. Our 3D building information modeling (BIM) experience, combined with our expertise in integrated and lean project delivery and high definition laser scanning capabilities, is transforming the industry.
It is Ghafari Associates, L.L.C.’s policy not to discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, status as a qualified individual with a disability or a protected veteran, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance.