Apex Systems is currently supporting a Entry Level QA tester opportunity in the Richmond, VA area for one of our top clients. Please see the job description below and send your resume to Seth Wiltshire at firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsible for creating an end-to-end test plan; executing the plan and managing all activities in the plan to ensure that all the objectives are met and that the solution works as expected. The solution should be tested in terms of functionality, performance, reliability, and stability.
Ensure testing is well defined, planned, and executed; and that any potential issue is identified and fixed before the product goes live.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop test plans, test cases, test scripts, and test reports on multiple projects of varying size.
- Execute and evaluate manual or automated test cases and report test results.
- Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members.
- Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes.
- Interface with diverse levels of internal and external personnel to develop and maintain effective rapport and to resolve issues and inquiries.
- Administer and adhere to Corporate and departmental policies, practices, and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in related field required.
- Experience in Quality Management Software and Processes.
- Knowledge and experience in technical aspects of software solutions.
- Backend database testing in Microsoft SQL environment.
- Strong organizational, planning, analytical, and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to interact with all levels of personnel.
- Business process understanding.
- Other related skills and/or abilities may be required to perform this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience related to Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Regulations
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
Ability to read and interpret documents such as software and design requirements; and operations, user, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving multiple variables and involving multiple teams.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. This job description does not constitute a contract for employment.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178