Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We offer competitive salaries along with a complete benefits package including: medical, vision, & dental coverage, 401K Matching, Educational Reimbursement, and a variety of Training and Development Programs to help you develop the skills you need to succeed in your chosen career path.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking an Entry to Mid-Level Scientist/Engineer to assist the Environmental Field Services Branch in Chantilly, VA.
Provide support to Wood’s National Capital Region Environmental Field Services, specifically with projects located in Washington, DC and the surrounding area. Specific tasks will include soil screening and sampling, oversight of subcontractors working on contaminated sites, providing training to site workers, performance of HAZMAT surveys and oversight of abatement contractors. Will work independently in the field and must be able to effectively direct and document the daily investigation and management of contaminated materials on a busy construction site. Position will require daily communications with clients, construction contractors and regulatory agency personnel. Experience performing hazardous material (asbestos, lead-based paint) surveys, certifications and knowledge of industrial hygiene is a big plus.
Office tasks may vary greatly and may include analyzing, interpreting, and summarizing technical data for reports and presentations, writing technical memorandums and reports, reviewing and summarizing related environmental regulations, and daily communications with project managers and clients.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering (environmental engineering, environmental science, chemistry, biology, geology, or similar field). Advanced degree and/or professional license are a plus
- 2-5 years of experience in environmental consulting or similar field
- Project experience with contaminated soil management, soil and groundwater sampling, Phase II ESAs and directing subcontractors
- Project experience working on construction sites
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER training with current annual refreshers
- Ability to work in the field independently and make project decisions with limited direction
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office products
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communications skills
- Ability to communicate complex regulatory or scientific information to clients
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to solve complex problems
- Demonstrated experience working successfully in a team environment
- Flexibility to travel and work outside normal business hours as required
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
- Project experience in Virginia, Washington, DC, Maryland and West Virginia
- Experience working on projects involving industrial and federal clients
- Experience with asbestos surveys and/or HAZMAT abatement projects
- 8-hr OSHA HAZWOPER Supervisory Training
- AHERA Certification
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
By submitting your resume, you consent to Wood plc sharing this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities for which you may be suitable.