We’re a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals – careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart. Join us and discover why Modern Healthcare Magazine named us in its “Top 100 Places to Work.”
This position provides the necessary technical expertise, support, and coordination for the environmental safety and emergency preparedness programs throughout Mercy. The purpose of this position is the implementation of program goals and objectives that support a safe working environment and drive disaster planning improvements for all staff, physicians and visitors within all Mercy entities. Programs will comply with OSHA, Joint Commission, NFPA, CMS, and State agencies as it relates to all departments throughout Mercy. This position ensures a safe working environment and supports an exceptional Environment of Care for Mercy. Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission, values, and Mercy Service Standards.
Minimum Required Qualifications
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in public health, emergency preparedness, safety, or other related fields.
Licensure: Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
Experience: Minimum 2 years leading and developing innovative strategies that support Environment of Care and Emergency Management programs in a multi-facility environment. Must have knowledge of healthcare emergency preparedness and environmental safety regulations pertaining to Federal and State, OSHA, and TJC. Must have project management skills and be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Other Skills and Knowledge:
• Must have excellent written and strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills necessary to effectively build relationships at all levels of the organization. Ability to prepare presentations and speak in front of groups.
• Ability to be flexible and creative in developing solutions that deliver results.
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple initiatives simultaneously and to adapt to rapidly changing schedules, priorities, and workflow.
• Ability to be a self-starter, self-directed and work independently.
• Must have sound judgment and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills that deliver practical solutions.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to make programmatic changes and decisions derived from data and or regulatory research.
• Ability to teach or conduct learning sessions as needed.
• Knowledge of NFPA, TJC, and CMS codes and standards.
Education: Master’s Degree preferred in public health, health care administration, emergency preparedness, law enforcement or related field.
Experience: 5 or more years of experience in healthcare Emergency Management or Environmental Safety.
Certified Healthcare Safety Professional (CHSP)
Certified Healthcare Emergency Professional (CHEP)
Other Skills and Knowledge:
OSHA 511 Standards for General Industry
NIMS certification 100, 200, 700, and 800.
We Offer Great Benefits:
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
We’re bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate care.
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of your day, especially the tough ones. You will have opportunities to pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We’re expanding to help our communities grow. Join us and be a part of it all.
What Makes You a Good Match for Mercy?
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
- Performance bonus
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Health Care On Site
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Gym Memberships
- Long Term Disability
- Military Leave
- Merchandise Discounts
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Events
- On Site Cafeteria
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Employee Referral Program
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Schedules
- Vacation/paid time off
- Life Insurance