Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
The environment and release manager role plans, schedules, and coordinates activities amongst all internal (IT staff/teams, business customers, etc) and external (vendors, service providers, third parties, etc..) stake holders related to software releases, updates, and data refreshes for all production systems and platforms across all related regions (Dev, Test, Prod) and within the boundaries of all interconnected systems. The environment and release manager helps software/hardware/configuration changes, enhancements and updates move into the proper environment such that project testing activities are aligned, coordinated, and do not overlap. The environment and release manager will ensure that the correct and refreshed data is available across the development and test environments/regions as needed to facilitate testing and quality assurance activities. The environment and release manager will maintain the a calendar of scheduled and on-demand requests related to environment management and release testing, and will coordinate and approve which projects can test in the respective environments.
The environment and release manager is responsible for the management of the software releases that are in each environment, making sure each version is kept accurate and appropriate to support each specific team’s needs for development, testing, and quality assurance, in order to follow the proper promotion regiment and path to production.
The environment and release manager owns the overall environment configuration plan, which closely tracks and manages who is testing functionality in which environment, and for which release request, and also prevents unintended overlap and conflicts during testing.
The Environment and Release Manager Job function works collaboratively with all participants and release stakeholders, and is supportive of vendors, developers and business and IT testers as they set up their build release in dev/test environments.
Responsible for the management and coordination of all technology related release activities for all JHHC platforms. Establish and setup industry best practices for the Release Management lifecycle. The environment and release manager will ensure release management lifecycle integrity by scheduling and coordinating the management of environments across the enterprise for multiple applications across various portfolios. The releases can be inclusive of application updates, operating system patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades, Projects and Programs.
A combination of a 4 year college degree in computer science or related technical field in addition to 2 years work experience providing Environment management and configuration management.
Position requires working knowledge of software development, project management, environment management, configuration management.
An understanding ITIL release management , configuration management and change management
Experience with multiple Release Management software tools.
- Experience with managing risks and resolving issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
- Experience with measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations
- Experience with management and ownership of the configuration state of multiple environments
- Ability to forward plan the release windows and cycles across a portfolio
- Ability to communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes
- Proficient in managing relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
- Experience conducting Release & Environment Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
- Weekly Release and Environment Reporting
- Communicate environment details and schedules to the Business as required Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities
- Work with application development teams to understand impacts of branches and code merges
- Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across environments for key partners and vendors.
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process and ensuring that the environments and data needed for testing are present at time of release.
- Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
- Maintains a release repository , environment repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
- Researches new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyzes their application to current configuration
- Experience with Agile development.
- Experience with the Microsoft stack including .Net, ASP.
- Experience with Team Foundation Server.
- Preferred: Experience with Data Masking
Preferred ITIL v3 Foundations. , PMI , PMP
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.