Location Name: Findlay, OH
Job/Requisition ID: [[id]]
Location Address: 539 S Main St, Findlay, OH, United States (US), 45840
Education Level: J.D. Required
Relevant Experience Level: Mid Career (4-10 Years)
Employee Group: Regular - Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Salaried Exempt
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing counseling and legal support on complex environmental matters at petroleum and renewable fuels facilities. Such legal support includes compliance assistance, interpretative guidance, and managing enforcement cases. The position entails heavy interaction with Marathon Petroleum business units and facilities, governmental agencies and outside counsel.
- Provides professional legal advice, counsel, and guidance, as a practicing attorney at law, to assure that the Company, its assets and its activities are legally safeguarded, are in conformity with all the applicable laws and regulations and will not unduly expose the Company to litigation, penalties or claims. Experience with Clean Air Act counseling is preferred.
- Advises management of the environmental legal aspects of the Company's operational and transactional activities, including securing permits, handling permit appeals and due diligence reviews.
- Plans and develops solutions to existing or potential legal problems involving the Company, and advises management concerning its legal rights and obligations.
- Develops and implements programs, conducts presentations, publishes information and participates in other activities to educate Company officers and employees as to Company policies and procedures and legal compliance requirements.
- Participates in continuing legal education programs and other activities as necessary to keep informed of developments in the law, new and proposed statutes and regulations, economic and social issues and other matters of interest to the Company and the energy industry.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Degree Required: J.D. from an ABA accredited school
- The preferred candidate will be licensed and authorized to practice law in Ohio or another states.
- Minimum of 5 years of attorney level work.
- Some experience in corporate M&A transactions, joint ventures or other general corporate, limited liability company or limited partnership matters is preferred, but not required.
- Continued employment will be conditioned upon obtaining and maintaining membership in the Ohio or other State Bar.
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Marathon Petroleum Corporation is a leading, integrated, downstream energy company headquartered in Findlay, Ohio. The company operates the nation’s largest refining system with more than 3 million barrels per day of crude oil capacity across 16 refineries. Marathon Petroleum's marketing system includes branded locations across the United States, including Marathon branded outlets. Speedway LLC, a Marathon Petroleum subsidiary, owns and operates retail convenience stores across the United States. MPC also owns the general partner and majority limited partner interest in MPLX LP, a midstream company which owns and operates gathering, processing, and fractionation assets, as well as crude oil and light product transportation and logistics infrastructure.
Travel Expected: Up to 10%
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, click here.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability
Marathon Petroleum Company LP participates in the E-Verify program in some states in which it operates (including AL, AZ, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and UT). For more information before proceeding, please see details in English or Spanish. Right to Work Statement English or Spanish.