Terra Pacific Group, Inc. is seeking a qualified and motivated Environmental Engineer/Construction Manager to join our growing team in Northern California. The ideal candidate has 10-15 years of relevant experience with remediation of contaminated sites and experience as a Construction Manager for site remediation.
Terra Pacific Group, Inc. (TPG) is an established Environmental Engineering, Consulting, and Construction company with offices in Irvine, Walnut Creek, and San Francisco California. We provide environmental engineering consulting services and construction management for a wide range of industries. Our site remediation services address all types of contaminants in soil and groundwater using conventional and cutting-edge technologies.
This is a great opportunity to join our growing Construction Services practice to address several exciting large scale and complex remediation construction projects in Northern California.
The ideal candidate has a B.S. or M.S. degree in Environmental or Civil Engineering and has experience as a remediation or civil construction manager. Candidates with other science or engineering degrees and relevant experience will be considered. Desired skills include:
- Manage or conduct field work, including remedial pilot tests, construction management, and remedial system operation and maintenance.
- Prepare or assist with remedial designs, cost estimates, schedules, and feasibility studies.
- Manage subcontractors and effectively communicate with regulatory agents, tenants, and clients during field activities.
- Prepare construction specifications, work plans, environmental compliance plans, permits, and reports for air quality, hazardous waste, spill prevention, storm water, and wastewater.
- Assist TPG clients with compliance with federal, state and local regulations associated with remediation.
- BS in chemical, civil, environmental, or mechanical engineering or related degree.
- 10-15 years of relevant Construction Management experience with good working knowledge of established construction means and methods, heavy equipment resources, standards of practice, and construction safety.
- Ability to direct and manage a team of TPG personnel and TPG subcontractors and take ownership of site operations on a complex remediation site as the TPG Construction Manager.
- Environmental field work experience and 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification.
- Strong commitment to safety, including following established Health and Safety protocols.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Effective written/verbal communication and leadership skills.
- Experienced and effective in managing Scope/Schedule/Budget with proper planning and contemporaneous documentation and reporting of changed conditions or concerns.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Willing to travel out of town for extended periods of time.
- Local candidates preferred.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.