Primary Location: United States (US)- Georgia - Grovetown
Function: Environment / Health / Safety
Title: Environmental Engineer- 69229
As an Environmental Engineer for John Deere located in Augusta, GA, you will be r esponsible for Environmental issues related to a specific project or singular environmental program area in a large or very large factory. This is an entry-level position that will be under the close supervision of a more senior environmental professional. You will perform structured assignments that require analysis and interpretation of data and regulations to determine potential problems and recommended action.
In addition, you will:
- Acquire an understanding of environmental regulations that impact a manufacturing facility.
- Utilize acquired knowledge to respond to questions or requests for information relevant to environmental issues from workgroups inside and/or outside the company.
- Conduct analysis of test or lab results to determine potential problems in the environment.
- Communicate results of analysis and interpretation to appropriate workgroup for awareness and any required remedial action.
- Compile necessary data, documentation, and correspondence to comply with environmental regulations and to maintain the current ISO14001 certification requirements.
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- Environmental experience
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and factory operations
- Data analysis experience
- Experience with Environmental Management Systems and standards, ideally including ISO 14001:2015
- Experience effectively communicating in a small team environment
What Makes You Stand Out
- Strong people skills and willingness to work with employees in different functional areas
- Experience with data analytics tools
Ideally, you will have a degree or equivalent work experience in the following:
- Bachelor's degree in an Environmental or Chemical Engineering
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click hereto find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.