Our Environmental Field Chemists are responsible for assisting in the collection, identification and proper packaging and/or lab packing of hazardous and non-hazardous waste. This position will also prepare waste drums for pick-up and delivery at Household / Retail Hazardous Waste facilities and customer sites. Our Chemists will also participate in Household Hazardous waste collection events held on weekends around the region as business demands require. This position is not a lab chemist position and requires up to 100% field work in various working conditions.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages with weekly overtime opportunities
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Responsible for assisting with collecting, identifying and packaging hazardous/non-hazardous waste produced within customer facilities
- Prepare waste drums for pick-up and delivery
- Drive out to different client sites using the company vehicle
- Physically intensive work
- Assisting on Household Hazardous Waste Programs in the area as business demands require
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- College degree in chemistry, biology or other natural science strongly preferred;
- Previous experience in hazardous material handling, chemistry and/or lab packing experience ;
- OSHA, DOT, and RCRA experience preferred;
- Ability to work rotating weekends and travel potential travel up to 25% of the year as business demands require;
- Ability to obtain and retain a Class “B” CDL with hazmat and tanker endorsement.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com.
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.