Clean Harbors is looking for an Environmental Field Chemist, known internally as a CleanPack Chemist, to join their safety conscious team in May of 2021! This position works both indoors and outdoors at plants, labs, and customer sites; and is responsible for assisting with daily labpacks within customer facilities, household hazardous waste (HHW) collections and lab moves. Additional responsibilities include the loading, packaging and segregation of materials and waste products, completion of Health & Safety plans, conducting projects according to Federal, State and Local regulations while following company policies and procedures and assisting the Lead Field Chemist in the safe and compliant execution of assigned labpack projects. Position may require travel away from home
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Pay for you to obtain your CDL
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Customer interface skills to review work to be performed and in support of technical questions from our contacts
- Comprehension and application of federal EPA and state environmental laws and regulations related to hazardous waste identification and management
- Understanding and application of federal department of transportation laws and regulations related to the packaging and transport of hazardous materials
- Segregating, packaging and preparing for disposal laboratory quantities of chemical waste;
- Use of proprietary technology and hardware effectively to support field activity in alignment with business and regulatory requirements
- Operation of Class B transport vehicles requiring a commercial driver’s license
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- College degree required, preferably in chemistry, biology, geology, or other natural science;
- Environmental regulation experience is a plus but not required;
- Ability to obtain 40 hour hazardous waste operations certification (training provided)
- Ability to obtain and retain a Class B CDL with Hazmat Endorsement;
- Ability to travel away from home.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors?
Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability.