WHO ARE WE
LMI is a world-class leader in designing, building and manufacturing aerospace structures, systems and components for commercial, business and regional, and military aerospace customers. We employ engineering, manufacturing and testing experts throughout the United States and the rest of the world. Our integrated team approach and full life cycle of capabilities enable our employees to take advantage of a wide range of opportunities for career growth within our organization.
We are currently seeking a Manager – Safety & Environmental. The EHS Manager will provide environmental health and safety oversight to ensure compliance with federal, state and local environmental regulations for the LMI Enterprise. This position will play a critical role in development, implementation, sustainment, and compliance with the organization’s Environmental Policy and Environmental Management System. Management responsibilities will include the Maintenance Department, Laboratory, and the Environmental Coordinator and Safety and Health Coordinator.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and Implement Occupation, Health and Safety (OHS) policies and programs in Workspace according to Legal Guidelines to establish a safety culture
- Provides environmental guidance through the development and implementation of the company environmental management system.
- Performs environmental compliance audits to ensure that facility follows regulations and current permits.
- Collects and forwards to appropriate agency for analysis air, water and other media samples to .test levels of chemicals and/or hazardous waste which includes safe hazard handling procedures
- Ensures that all environmental permits and reporting are completed and up-to-date for the facility. This may include actually completing the reports and doing the filings personally. This will require staying current on all federal, state, and local regulations, and taking appropriate action when regulations change or new regulations are implemented.
- Interfaces with regulatory agencies and divisional personnel to direct environmental efforts of the LMI facilities
- Assesses the impact of emerging environmental issues, legislation, and regulations on facility operations, and share potential issues with site General Managers.
- Conduct regular training to the LMI Enterprise on Occupation, Health and Safety (OHS) and accident prevention.
- Develop and Implement a safety training program for all Executive Management, Function leaders and Site personnel using Safe Start training modules
- Develop, Implement and enforce equipment and machine safe guarding
- Conduct data analysis on incidents and near misses using I-certainty
- Ensure all Corrective actions in I-certainty are closed on-time which results in preventive action
- Interacts with outside vendors, as necessary, to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Performs work planning, designing, constructing, modifying, improving and/or maintaining the facility either by in-house or contractual effort; regulating and enforcing environmental engineering policies, programs or activities by establishing standards, promoting improvements, evaluating compliance and, if necessary, directing action to secure satisfactory results.
- Consults with or is a team member of project teams involved in implementing new processes, changes in chemical supplies (solvents, sealants, etc.), or major facility changes.
- Investigates or oversees investigations of environmental incidents, such as spills or accidental releases to ensure that a root cause for the incident is identified and an effective corrective action is implemented and maintained.
- Will initiate and coordinate all personnel actions for the Maintenance Department, Laboratory, Environmental Coordinator, and Health and Safety Coordinator.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCES
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science or related discipline.
- Minimum five years of environmental engineering experience in essential areas of this job description, with a proven track record.
- Knowledge of environmental laws and regulations, chemicals, and chemical processes to develop, implement, and regulatory development processes.
- Knowledge of regulatory and operational or engineering requirements to assess viability of equipment and process specifications.
- Ability to conduct analyses of performance and operational requirements.
- Requires knowledge and experience with applicable federal, state and local regulations, particularly Federal NESHAP requirements.
- Must be organized and exhibit attention-to-detail.
- Must be a change agent
- Must be self-motivated, capable of prioritizing and working to deadlines.
- Must exhibit ability to troubleshoot and correct problems using problem-solving skills.
- Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers and auditors both internal and external.
- Must have strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills as these are essential for communication with internal and external customers.
- Must be proficient in operating a computer and be well-skilled in Microsoft Office products.
WHY CHOOSE LMI AEROSPACE?
We take care of our people.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a percentage company-match contribution
- Competitive wages
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and accidental insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Employee assistance plan — for access to counseling, consulting and other community resources
- Wellness program
- Tuition assistance
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties may differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be required. This document does not create an employment contract. Employees of the Company are employed on an “at will” basis and may be terminated at any time.
LMI is an equal employment opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, LMI provides access and opportunities to those with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who seek to access the company’s online application system. If an applicant is unable to fully access the online application system, LMI will provide a reasonable accommodation. Applicants with disabilities may contact us at 636-916-2400 for assistance accessing the on-line application system. Callers should have a detailed description of the requested accommodation, their name and preferred method of contact ready for LMI‘s Human Resources Department. LMI will make every effort to respond within two (2) business days. This phone number is not for the general submission of application materials.
LMI is an E-Verify Employer.
LMI is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disability/Veterans Employer