Nature & Scope:
This position reports directly to the Environmental, Health, and Safety Manager and will provide support to all levels of Occupational Health, Safety, and Environmental Compliance and will directly support the EHS Manager in executing facility goals, metrics, and continuous improvement activities.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
- Develop and design standards, specifications, and processes to ensure all site projects meet applicable EHS compliance and consensus standards and management of change best practices are followed.
- Provide machine safety expertise to all sites and maintain up-to-date knowledge of applicable standards.
- Review plans, specifications, and electrical circuits for new and/or modified equipment to ensure internal and external requirements are met.
- Participate in new and/or modified equipment meetings.
- Coordinate new safety improvement projects with engineering, manufacturing, quality, and others to reduce risk and eliminate hazards.
- Conduct Job Safety Analyses throughout all Value Streams.
- Complete Annual PPE Assessments with Value Stream Managers.
- Attend Value Stream Safety Committee Meetings.
- Represent and support the EHS Department on various teams and contribute directly to the completion of assignments.
- Assist the EHS Department in implementing the company’s EHS Policy and Management System and drive continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Risk Management, or other science-related fields.
- Master’s Degree in Environmental, Health, and Safety or related field preferred.
- ASP, CSP, P.E. or other professional certification preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience in the EHS field.
- Proficient in Management of Change best practices.
- Able to interpret Federal OSHA and Environmental Regulatory Requirements.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to relate across all levels of the organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Able to work within a diverse, cross-functional team across multiple sites and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven track record of positive results and able to show how his/her work has contributed to the growth of an organization.
- Holds current driver’s license and ability to travel between sites.
- Experience with machine/automation safety controls preferred.
- Experience within a manufacturing environment preferred.