Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Georgia-Pacific is seeking an Environmental Health and Safety Manager to provide leadership and presence at our Pelahatchie, MS facility. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the EHS Manager provides leadership and strategic direction by building a partnership with front-line leadership and collaborating with business partners to develop and mentor the production team relating to EHS.
In this role, EHS Managers ensure systems to effectively address facility EHS risk profiles. The role balances Safety and Environmental with a 70% focus on safety and a 30% focus on environmental aspects and accountability. Georgia-Pacific is one of the nation’s leading corrugated box manufacturers. We manufacture standard corrugated containers, as well as many specialty packaging products for a variety of industries. To learn more about our Packaging division, visit www.gppackaging.com.
Pelahatchie, Mississippi is located less than 30 miles from Jackson, Mississippi, the capital and largest city in the state. Jackson, MS is the “City of Soul” and has many family friendly things to do, including Smith Robertson Museum & Cultural Center, Sports Hall of Fame, Jackson Zoological Park, and hundreds of events from festivals, shows, and concerts all in the metro area! Jackson was recognized as the 3rd best Bang-for the Buck City in America (Forbes.com) & One of the Top 100 Places to live in America (RelcoateAmerica.com)! Pelahatchie is also located less than 150 miles from the beaches of the Gulf Coast!
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Providing proactive leadership and direction to achieve the EHS vision through management commitment and employee ownership
- Developing and aligning facility EHS programs and strategies according to the business/enterprise EHS plan
- Conducting routine EHS reporting
- Ensuring the EHS vision is developed and integrated in facilities
- Fostering an environment where employees understand and exercise their decision rights regarding EHS
- Ensuring incentive metrics are performance based
- Facilitating EHS ownership by the line organization through integration of the EHS Management System
- Ensuring EHS system elements are integrated into the line organization’s responsibilities and expectations
- Leading the development of risk assessment methods/systems for anticipating, identifying, and evaluating hazards
- Increasing critical hazard awareness thereby reducing the likelihood of at-risk behaviors
- Ensuring an effective change management process is in place
- Partnering with facility leadership to develop short and long-term EHS objectives, targets, strategies, and measures that prioritize and mitigate risks
- Ensuring the development, improvement, and implementation of training systems to meet facility needs utilizing qualified instructors
- Conducting routine management reviews and adjusting plans as necessary
- Utilizing development plans to grow the teams’ EHS skills and knowledge
- Fostering an EHS environment of collaboration and active participation with all employees
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Safety, Environmental, EHS related field, and/or five (5) or more years’ equivalent EH&S experience
- Willing and able to occasionally travel to support corporate initiatives
- Three (3) or more years of EHS experience in a manufacturing or industrial setting
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office software (i.e., Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or demonstrated progress to attain CSP or other professional safety certifications
- Previous leadership experience
- Professional Engineer (PE) experience
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf