II. Detail Description
II-1. General Description
The EH&S Officer will act as a direct representative of the Human Resources team and responsible for all aspects of compliance with occupational and environmental laws and regulations. Develops programs to ensure employees and managers receive training in all relevant laws, rules, and regulations, with special instruction for each type of employee as it relates to their specific position and responsibilities. Proactive in works with regulatory agencies to learn about upcoming changes and prepare SL Tennessee to meet changing regulatory requirements. Researches industry “Best-Practices” to ensure leadership in EHS. Performs risk assessments and recommends corrective actions. Uses knowledge to develop solutions and engage resources to implement improvements to Environmental Health and Safety issues/challenges.
II-2. Key Roles and Responsibilities
1. Obtain and maintain ISO 45001 certification
2. Develop, maintain and update facility environmental programs, procedures, records, and documents related to ISO14000 compliant Environmental Management System
3. Provide guidance and direction in EHS programs to ensure a common and effective approach;
4. Conducts necessary environmental and safety training for employees and ensure compliance and understanding.
5. Guide and direct departments toward compliance with local, state and federal safety and environmental regulations, and corporate compliance polices.
6. Facilitate and engage business unit teams and team members to drive projects that will lead to reductions in accidents, energy use, and waste minimization.
7. Ensure timely submittal of required state, federal and/or local environmental and safety regulatory reports
8. Participates in Safety Committees and team meetings.
9. Conducts inspections and audits throughout the entire manufacturing facility to identify existing or potential hazards and determine corrective or preventative measures.
10. Assist in incident investigations and problem solving.
11. Maintain thorough knowledge of federal, state and local OSHA regulations, safety codes and environmental quality regulations.
12. Conduct safety risk assessments and environmental risk assessments.
13. Coordinate environmental waste disposal; maintain waste manifest records.
14. Writes and implements new safety procedures.
15. Conducts ergonomics evaluations, prepares associated documentation and provides employee workstation ergonomic recommendations.
16. Supports workers’ compensation and loss prevention programs.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
II-3. Job Requirements
II-3-1. Work Experience
1. Minimum of five years’ experience in Environmental Health and Safety role in a manufacturing environment.
2. Above Average computer skills (e.g. MS Office including Excel and Word) are essential.
3. Excellent written and verbal skills
4. OSHA 30-hour certification in General Industry preferred
5. First-Aid/CPR certification preferred
1. Bachelor’s degree in a related field
2. CSP or CIH certification a plus.
II-3-3. Knowledge Skills and Abilities
1. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
2. Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
3. Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
4. In depth knowledge of EHS regulations and regulatory requirements.
5. Uses strong project management skills in facilitating projects/activities.
6. Ability to coordinate multiple priorities at the same time
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Flexible Schedules
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Military Leave
- Vacation/paid time off
- Professional Development
- Paid Holidays
- Gym Memberships
- Life Insurance
- Employee Events
- Long Term Disability