The Larimer county Department of Health and Environment is seeking an Environmental Specialist I or II. We are seeking someone with an eye for detail, food safety knowledge, and the ability to interact well with people. Working in this role, you'll be a part of the Consumer Protection team and serve our community by ensuring compliance with local and state health and safety codes.
The Larimer County Department of Health and Environment promotes a healthy community and helps reduce unnecessary suffering caused by preventable disease, disability, or death. The Department of Health and Environment provides a wide range of services, ranging from water quality testing to disease outbreak control.
Specifically, this position you will:
- Conduct environmental health inspections and investigations of public and private establishments - primarily food service, schools, and child care facilities - to ensure compliance with local and state health and safety codes.
- Recommend, issue or deny related permits.
- Recommend changes, give instructions, and issue compliance orders when applicable for correction of deficiencies and violations.
- Provide information and advice to answer questions and solve problems of the public.
- May conduct technical reviews of blueprints, floor plans and facility plans for compliance with applicable regulations.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Environmental Health, or a related field, with a minimum of one 3-credit hour course in microbiology.
- Must have or the ability to obtain, a valid Colorado Driver's License.
- Must be available to work from any of department’s three offices in Fort Collins, Loveland, or Estes Park as needs arise.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills preferred.
Skills assessment testing may be administered
We'd love to have you join our team!
Click here to view information on Larimer County's Benefits.