When it’s all in the details, they need you the most.
As they say, the devil is in the details. We value those who don't take the little things for granted. It’s why the specifics of your work fascinates you. You know that accuracy counts. Your insights, intuition, and precision set you apart. And while management might not understand how you keep track of it all, they’re glad that they have you to do it.
Are you working on your degree in the field of environmental science or engineering and looking for an internship opportunity over the summer of 2019? How would you like to gain some real-world experience?
As a summer intern, you will assist the Environmental Remediation Market, which performs environmental investigation, characterization and clean-up services nationwide and internationally for Federal clients, primarily the Department of Defense (DoD) in their environmental-related missions. Our work supporting the environment includes: identification, investigation, evaluation, and remediation of surface and subsurface sites contaminated with hazardous waste and munitions. You will be working as a project team member with various technical experts and managers. Location: Peachtree Corners, GA.
Let’s talk about what you will be doing:
- Prepare field and office reports of various activities and findings.
- You may also prepare mapping and exhibits, preferably through MS Publisher or PowerPoint, for reports and presentations.
- Research and gather statistics/related data for periodic and special one-time reports.
- Reviews, verifies, and formats research into reports for use internally and for the client.
- Prepares accompanying correspondence and distributes reports as directed.
- Participate in field activities: make observations, collect samples, operate field instruments, gather data, performs routine tests, and maintain documentation.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Currently enrolled in an environmental, environmental engineering, or related field such as: civil engineering, geology, or environmental biology.
- 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Junior or seniors preferred.
- Someone who is eager to learn and implement the concepts associated with environmental investigations, remedial design, and remedial actions.
- Ability to focus on details with a high level of organizational, written, and communication skills.
- Motivated individuals who can work independently and on a team.
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- 40-hr HAZWOPER training, not required but needed for doing field work on environmental sites. Depending on schedule, the intern may be able to obtain this training as part of the internship.
*There is a potential for doing field work, which will require: walking, carrying, lifting, loading/unloading, and potentially sharing driving responsibilities with other team members.
Parsons has been a leader, innovator, and change agent for 75 years. Over this period, our industry has undergone continual change and we have been, and continue to be, proactive in taking advantage of the opportunities presented by change. The pace of adaptation of transformational technologies such as artificial intelligence, cloud computing, robotics, and big data analytics in our markets offers Parsons exciting opportunities to solve complex challenges for our customers in new and different ways.
Ready to become one of our interns?