Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an Environmental Project Manager with a minimum of 10 years of environmental consulting experience to develop, bid and propose, and manage project work including, but not limited to site assessment, remediation, general compliance, and other related environmental projects in our Chicago, Illinois area offices. Wood performs work for government clients including local municipalities, counties, and various state and federal agencies, and for various commercial clients in the Oil & Gas, Industrial, Mining, Water, Energy, and Transportation Sectors. This exciting opportunity offers a growth position in a team-oriented environment for an individual with an established track record as a Seller/Doer. Candidates should have a successful track record executing and managing environmental projects in the Chicago Metro area and/or throughout the Midwest. Candidates should be self-motivated and collaborative, and able to work on projects of variable complexity with the desire and ability to build a strong support team to successfully implement projects.
We would prefer that this individual work in our Chicago office near O'Hare. We are also open to this individual working out of our Naperville office.
Key Responsibilities associated with this position include:
- Management of environmental projects involving site characterization, remedial design, and environmental compliance
- Development of new clients and networking internally to develop business locally with existing national account clients
- Preparation of marketing materials, proposals and cost estimates
- Management of project contract requirements, quality (assurance), staffing, budgets and schedule
- Performance and/or management of field work for site characterization and site remediation projects including oversight of subcontractors and sampling of soil, soil vapor, sediment, surface water, groundwater, and indoor air in accordance with state and Federal regulations and generally accepted protocols.
- Analysis of data and reporting on specific environmental project tasks with minimal supervision including research necessary to recommend solutions to technical problems in accordance with accepted scientific/engineering practices and principles
- Participation and collaboration with other Wood offices and staff on larger, multidisciplinary assignments. Some daytime and overnight travel may be required, but expected less than 10% to 20% of a typical week
- Mentoring of junior and some mid-level staff on environmental projects
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. or M.S. graduate with directly related degree in geology, engineering, or environmental sciences
- Experience across a wide range of business sectors and service lines
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience with increasing levels of project complexity and management responsibility
- Track record of performance in a seller-doer culture (business development/client management)
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in State and Federal regulations and processes
- Registered or eligible for registration as a P.E. or P.G. in Illinois and other nearby states (preferred)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong desire to provide excellent, innovative, practical customer services and a commitment to technical excellence
- Well organized with the ability to manage and prioritize several assignments at one time, and deliver on time and on budget
- Demonstrated supervisory experience for field contract services and hands-on training of junior personnel
- Must pass pre-work drug screening and background checks and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.