The Environmental Project Sales Specialist (known internally as a Field Service Specialist) is responsible for supporting and enhancing customer service and satisfaction in conjunction with the Account Manager. This individual scopes projects, provides client support, and prepares proposals/cost estimates. Environmental Projects include tank cleaning, remediation, demolition, vacuum services, decontamination, marine operations and emergency response services.
• Ensure Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
• Conduct walk-throughs and scope potential projects for clients including cost estimation, technical proposal preparation and client support.
• Provide technical support for proposal preparation, project cost estimates and subcontractor selection and procurement.
• Set-up projects; coordinate resources and scheduling; ensure proper costing/utilization of labor and equipment.
• Act as an agent of business and is involved with developing relationships with key customers and understanding the customer issues.
• Interface with the customer in a professional and effective manner to update them on the project status and/or to resolve problems/issues.
• Manage large-scale field service and emergency response projects, when directed.
• Direct personnel in the operational procedures to complete assignments and understands the labor and equipment requirements to complete field service projects and emergency responses.
• Understand and work with the Field Service Coordinator in the communication of the labor, equipment and resources required to complete field service and emergency response projects.
• Participate in joint sales calls with the Account Manager.
• Oversees and is responsible for projects for health & safety, profitability, completeness and professionalism.
• Ensure proper communication to the foreman/supervisor to ensure that contractual obligations are met to complete requested services, project progression status and change orders are completed and executed, prior to any additional work being performed. Ensures the customer acknowledges change order(s).
• Review operational procedures to assure correct health & safety action plans and communicate effectively with the health & safety organization regarding on-site specific action.
• Document competitive issues and convey findings to management.
• Trains and mentors Field Service Foreman and assists the Field Service General Manager in the completion of performance reviews for individuals who they have direct or indirect supervision.
• Perform other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management as required by the needs of the business.
• High School diploma or equivalent required (Bachelor’s Degree preferred)
• 3+ years of experience in Environmental Services (i.e. remediation, abatement, emergency spill response, etc.)
• Knowledge of scoping/pricing of Environmental Services work
• Ability to work in a high demand deadline oriented environment
• Leadership and supervisory skills
• Knowledge of equipment, environmental regulations/statutes, safety and compliance strongly preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
• Proficiency in Windows based applications
• Requires near visual acuity, speaking and listening.
• Requires sitting, standing, walking, grasping and reaching.
• Requires lifting up to 10lbs, pulling and/or pushing and carrying.
Employment is contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Some positions also require a pre-hire medical exam. Must meet all work eligibility requirements. Environmentally-responsible business.
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout North America. The Company serves a diverse customer base, including a majority of the Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies. Through its Safety-Kleen subsidiary, Clean Harbors also is a premier provider of used oil recycling and re-refining, parts washers and environmental services for the small quantity generator market.
Headquartered in Norwell, Massachusetts, Clean Harbors has waste disposal facilities and service locations throughout the United States and Canada, as well as Mexico and Puerto Rico.
We offer competitive salaries and progressive benefits including health, dental, life insurance, 401K, generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement and more. We offer a drug free work environment and require a pre-employment drug screen. All Applicants are subject to pre-employment security background checks, and some positions may require pre-employment physical fitness for duty tests.