This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Office of the Chief Operating Office (OCOO), Office of Safety, Security and Assets Management (OSSAM), Asset Management Service Office (AMSO), in Atlanta, GA.
As Environmental Protection Specialist you will:
- Perform work as an environmental professional and technical specialist conducting audits, inspections, and assistance visits.
- Provide advice to CDC leadership and counsel to facility and laboratory management and personnel on matters relating to the development and implementation of standard operating procedures to effect regulatory compliance and stewardship of the environment.
- Implement environmental programs and projects to accomplish the stated environmental protection mission at the assigned campus(es) based on applicable laws, orders, permits, technical standards, guidelines, and policies.
- Prepare annual environmental compliance and protection budget requests for the assigned campus(es).
Applicants must have at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-12 in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience which is directly related to the position which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) to successfully perform the duties of the position to include experience providing technical advice on environmental sustainability and energy issues while maintaining compliance with laws, orders, technical standards and policies pertaining to air, water, and hazardous waste; developing and implementing environmental programs and practices to accomplish the mission of the organization.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics).
- Ability to organize and assist engineers with technical decisions.
- Knowledge of diverse engineering and technical disciplines.
- Skill in oral communication, providing information regarding environmental regulations.
- Skill in written communication developing formal reports and improvement plans.
Relocation packages may be authorized.