The Environmental Scientist conducts environmental sampling, evaluates and analyzes data, and assists with technical report writing while working in an effective team environment to meet project goals and objectives.
- Participate in site investigation field activities, including but not limited to environmental site assessments; hazardous waste site investigations; field sampling (soil, groundwater, surface water and air); Phase I/II environmental site assessments; permitting; and remedial oversight.
- Conduct data analyses and reduction of field and analytical data.
- Support the preparation of technical reports including but not limited to proposals, environmental reports, permit applications, work plans, health and safety plans, and other written deliverables.
- Gather technical data using computer-based programs to support environmental document development.
- Provide high technical quality and safe job performance.
- Project related travel and ability to work 10 to 12-hour days in the field are required
- BS / BA in geology, biology, environmental science, engineering or a related field preferred.
- 0-2+ years of technical experience.
- Excellent organizational, oral, written, and analytical skills.
- Knowledge and skills in the following a plus: (1) NEPA, NHPA, CWA, CERCLA, RCRA, and other relevant federal and state regulations and guidance; (2) MS Office Suite; (3) sampling, analysis, and other field protocols; (4) natural resources management, permitting, environmental site assessments, (5) adherence to H&S and QA/QC processes and protocols, and (6) use of GIS/GPS technologies.
- Must be detail oriented, and a team player with good communication and time management skills.
- Current 24 or 40-hour OSHA/HAZWOPER training and site supervisor training a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Please submit a cover letter, indicating salary requirements and availability, along with your CV/resume as a PDF or Word file to email@example.com . No phone calls please.
Environmental Planner / Scientist