Tectonic is currently seeking a full-time Project Environmental Scientist or Geologist to work on various projects based out of our Short Hills, NJ, Essex County Office. This is a great opportunity for continued professional growth and development in the A/E/C industry!
- Assist with the coordination and scheduling of work on environmental projects with managers, client representatives, and colleagues;
- Use regulatory knowledge of SRRA, ARRCS, the ISR Act, and SRP rules, as well as understanding of other statutes, rules, and guidance to develop technically-compliant, concise work plans and phase reports;
- Perform rigorous interpretations of environmental data;
- Completing and reviewing field and technical reports;
- Utilize field knowledge and judgment to assist with proposal preparation;
- Travel to project sites and utilize necessary field equipment to complete soil and groundwater sampling, site investigations, remedial investigations, environmental site assessments, receptor evaluations, and related remediation tasks;
- All other related duties as required.
- Must have a minimum of 3-6 years of related experience;
- BS Degree in Environmental Engineering, Science, Geology, or similar;
- Any position related professional certifications, training, or licenses are desirable; this position requires obtaining OSHA safety training within a reasonable period of time upon commencement of employment;
- Core technical capabilities require an understanding of contaminant F&T, aquifer analysis, PA, SI, and RI studies. Vapor intrusion, IEC, DLUR, USEPA ProUCL, SESOIL/AT123D, GIS modelling experience a plus;
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals and legal documents;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to represent the Company in a professional manner;
- Functional computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel, as well as ability to utilize various software programs, time reporting systems, and other related computer applications; GIS software experience is a plus;
- A valid, clean driver’s license and personal vehicle are required for occasional site visits.
- Comprehensive group medical insurance, including health, dental, vision and life
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, including vacation, sick and personal
- Company–observed paid holidays
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for medical expenses and dependent care
- Commuter benefit plan for public transportation costs
- 401K retirement and profit sharing plan.