Overview / Responsibilities
Wood’s Nashville, Tennessee Environmental Branch is in search of an Environmental Scientist with 3 to 5 years of experience providing assistance with tasks that include, but are not limited to the following: stream and wetland determinations and delineations, threatened and endangered species coordination and assessments, Section 404/401 water quality permitting, benthic sampling, erosion and sediment control inspections consistent with National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permits, and/or field sampling events. The selected candidate will also be responsible for assisting with preparation of environmental permitting documents and applications for submittal to various local, state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Conducting field work that includes stream and wetland determinations/delineations under the direction of a knowledgeable more senior staff and Project Manager
- Assisting senior staff with the preparation of technical reports including compiling analytical data
- Fieldwork involving lifting equipment, standing, bending, stooping, or climbing over terrain; collecting and processing soil samples
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites in Tennessee and surrounding states, during the work week, if necessary - Occasional non-typical work hours may be required
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Botany, Biology, Soil Science, Natural Resources, Ecology, or related technical degree is required (Master’s degree preferred)
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with management, staff, regulatory agency personnel, and clients
- Demonstrated professional judgment, consistency, and attention to detail; track record of quality work products
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills; preparing reports that demonstrate technical knowledge
- Flexible to work outside normal business hours, as required
- Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions and frequently lift up to 35 pounds
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.