Healthcare Services Group (HCSG) typically services long term care and nursing facilities and is now hiring an Environmental Services Assistant Manager in your area! HCSG has a custom, state of the art training program!
- The Assistant Account manager is able to perform and often performs the job assignments of the light housekeeper, heavy housekeeper, laundry worker and personal clothing worker (see related job descriptions) and, as such, is able to operate a variety of industrial cleaning and laundry equipment.
- The Assistant Manager performs and leads small groups of subordinates in cleaning and laundry activities on varying shifts as needed.
- In the absence of the Account Manager, the Assistant Manager assumes the responsibility of and manages and supervises the housekeeping, laundry and floor care staff at a single site according to policies and procedures, and federal/state requirements.
- Assists in training, quality control and in-servicing of staff.
- The Assistant Manager must conduct themself in a professional manner and insure their subordinates do the same.
- The Assistant Manager consistently embodies the characteristics necessary to drive the Company’s Purpose, Vision, Values, and DNA.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Two years’ experience in Environmental Services in a healthcare environment and personnel supervision is desired.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
- Must be able to fully understand and complete all In-Services.
- Must be able to be at work on time.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to understand and place into action basic infection control procedures.
- The ability to handle and mix chemicals safely and properly.
- Ability to work all shifts as needed.
- Knowledge of Environmental Services, laundry and floor care program requirements.
- Knowledge of and ability to use all department equipment.
- Ability to maintain records and complete reports as required.
- Written and oral communication and teaching skills.
- Skill in using public relations techniques (diffusing situations) to promote the Environmental Services, laundry and floor care program to client and residents.
- Ability to interact positively with residents, client and other personnel and the public.
- Must be able to lift/carry a maximum of 50 pounds, push/pull a maximum of 50 pounds, stand, sit, bend and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work around food and cleaning products.
- Must live in service area. No relocation costs.
Healthcare Services Group, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Healthcare Services Group, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.