PRIDE Industries is a fast-paced company with a mission: To Create Jobs for People with Disabilities while providing high quality, value-added solutions to our nationwide customers. We are currently recruiting to fill the following position:
Job: Environmental Services Asst Ops Manager
Job Code: R40 - PR-EnvSrvcAsstOpsMgr
HR Title Group: Hospital Housekeeping
Salary Grade: E12
FLSA Status: Exempt
Approval Date: August 2019
There are direct reports with this position.
Under minimal supervision, the Environmental Services Assistant Operations Manager is responsible for part or all of the healthcare facility during their assigned shift and supervises the daily work of the staff. Employees in this job class assist management in maintaining cleanliness quality through inspections, training, and employee accountability, including employee counseling or disciplinary actions. This job class requires knowledge of healthcare custodial techniques and practices, safety and security protocol, workplace safety, contract management, and the ability to organize and manage multiple projects.
1. * Directs and supervises assigned staff to perform environmental services with emphasis on Infection Control.
2. * Assist Operation Manager with employee hiring and disciplinary process up to and including terminations.
3. * Conduct or participate in the investigation process in response to incidents.
4. * Conduct periodic inspections of entire facility to ensure safety, security and cleanliness standards.
5. * Supervises employees; ensures a competent, motivated team through hiring, training, development, counseling and reviewing the performance of employees.
6. * Write up incident reports and suggest corrective measures as applicable.
7. * Conduct inspections for quality and safety. Make necessary corrections.
8. Understand all employee work assignments and schedule resources for adequate coverage.
9. * Conduct training and retraining as necessary. Follow recommended training process.
10. * Evaluate and validate the competencies of the frontline worker, recommends and/or conducts additional training or support for staff when need is identified.
11. * Audit safety and security measures and report deficiencies as appropriate.
12. * Provide functional/operational support to work area as essential personnel during times of emergency, catastrophe, inclement weather, etc.
13. * Maintains professional relationship with site Point of Contact (POC), assuring services are being performed in accordance with contract, and resolving any problems with services.
14. * Schedules and prioritizes tasks, and ensures adherence to procedures, regulations and guidelines while minimizing errors and safety risks .
15. Assumes responsibility for the entire facility in the absence of the Operations Manager.
16. Reports any injuries or accident including those caused by PRIDE employees to PRIDE Senior Management team immediately.
17. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Denotes Essential Job Function
- Two or more years of experience in environmental services and/or custodial maintenance, including lead worker responsibilities; prior supervisory experience preferred;
- Experience working with adults with developmental disabilities and/or physical challenges, preferred;
- Knowledge of Cal OSHA and OSHA occupational safety regulations;
- Supervisory skills to hire qualified employees, provide for their professional development, administer performance management and disciplinary processes effectively, address employee relations appropriately;
- Ability to effectively supervise and develop assigned team to meet production/service goals while adhering to safety policies and procedures;
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; to make presentations and respond to inquiries by senior management, customers and/or employees;
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational, reasoning, problem solving and analytical skills;
- Exceptional customer service skills;
- Human relation skills to build effective relationships with team and customers;
- Advanced computer literacy including knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software;
- Knowledge of business English including vocabulary, spelling, and correct grammatical usage and punctuation;
- Mathematical skills to include the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations;
- Ability to establish priorities and solve a wide range of business, operational and strategic management problems;
- Flexibility to respond to changing work priorities and handle numerous projects at the same time.
This position requires the ability to have and maintain sufficient strength, agility and endurance to perform during stressful (physical, mental, and emotional) situations encountered on the job without compromising the employee's health and well-being or that of their co-workers or inmates.
High School Diploma or GED
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state and/or contract requirements:
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
• Maneuvering in and around the worksite
• Standing and walking
• Bending, kneeling, reaching, and stooping
• Lifting boxes or equipment weighing up to 35 pounds, and up to 50 pounds occasionally
• Pushing or pulling objects such as vacuums, carts, mops, etc.
• May be required to push/pull equipment weighing up to 70 pounds
• Grasping both small & large objects
• Climbing ladders and/or step stools
Work is performed in a prison healthcare facility with specialized needs for security and environmental control. Employees may be required to work confined space, and in aseptic areas with exposure to dirt, dust, odors, toxic chemicals, and infectious disease; and will work in high security areas with protocols. Employees may also be exposed to, depending on the weather, elements such as wind, rain, cold, and heat. Employees may be required to work in excess of 8 hours in a day and/or 40 hours per week.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at www.prideindustries.com.PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.