The Environmental Services Manager works under the supervision of the Director Environmental Services. The ES Manager has oversight of employees within the Environmental Services department and is operationally responsible for special projects and systems. The ES Manager is responsible for maintaining safety, sanitation, and infection control standards and also maintains hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Insures supervisors and staff complete all work in specified projects and assignments. The ES Manager will communicate with hospital department leaders to verify service standards are met and manages housekeeping services for all offsite properties. The ES Manager has oversight of all programs and procedures related to hazardous, regulated medical and regular waste. The ES Manager is responsible for inventory related to Supplies and Linen. Supports the Director Administratively, and in the absence of the Director assumes the responsibility of the Department and ensures the smooth operation of the department.
- Education: A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree required or to be obtained within 4 years
- Licensure: Valid Driver’s License required.
- Experience: Five (5) years leadership experience in Environmental Services/Housekeeping required.
- Essential Technical/Motor Skills: Ability to use current general office equipment. Sufficient knowledge and experience with the operation of computers. Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite and internet browsers.
- Interpersonal Skills: High level of positive interpersonal and communication skills enhancing ability to interact effectively with patients, visitors and staff. Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism during variable workloads and strain.