Various (Days, Evenings, Nights, and every other weekend req
7:30am - 8:00pm
REPORTS TO: Director of Facilities, Access Control Services, and Environmental Services (EVS)
Under the supervision of the Department Director, the EVS Supervisor is responsible for supervising the work of all EVS Leads and Associates and providing training in accordance with established cleaning practices for health care to the Community Health Center and/or Homeless sites. The Acting EVS Supervisor is responsible for coordinating EVS Schedules, Leave, and Call-Offs. The Acting EVS Supervisor will also conduct inspections of health centers / homeless sites and meet with Health Center Directors. Also, in coordination with site-specific EVS, ensure accurate inventory of all EVS supplies.
MAJOR DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
· Oversees department EVS Leads at each location and indirectly, the EVS Associates at each location.
· Ensures EVS is adhering to department and organization policies and procedures (i.e., infection control, bodily fluids; scabies; bed-bugs; etc.).
· Develops, initiates, and/or performs training for all EVS staff on a regular basis; Conduct and facilitate trainings pertaining to EVS (i.e., protocol / procedure for responding to bedbugs or scabies; properly cleaning / removing bodily fluids, etc.).
· Establishes routine meetings with the Health Center Directors to assess the environment and discuss concerns.
· Holds bi-weekly meetings with the Leads at each site to discuss any concerns / issues and evaluate Lead performance.
· Performs weekly quality inspections of internal and external health centers and sites.
· Standardizes and documents cleaning procedures for all positions.
· Establishes par levels for EVS supplies and monitors inventory; completes supply ordering for each location as needed.
· Ensures EVS Lead and staff coverage for all assigned Health Centers.
· Adheres to OSHA standards as they relates to environmental services.
· Oversees special project team to address proper floor maintenance across the organization.
· Works collaboratively with facilities department to address facility needs.
· Monitors EVS service orders, when system becomes available.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Associates degree or higher preferred.
· Minimum of one year of experience in supervisory capacity.
· Floor restoration and/or environmental experience required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
· Knowledge of all phases of medical environmental services
· knowledge of life safety codes, OSHA Standards, construction codes, regulations
· Demonstrated experience in using good judgment in working with diverse populations.
· Demonstrated ability to prioritize activities.
· Ability to articulate the mission of Unity Health Care through his/her work.
· Subject to calls 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
This position reports to Director of Facilities, Access Control Services, and Environmental Services.
The position abides by all rules and regulations set forth by applicable licensing and regulatory bodies and the UHC policies and procedures.
Primary contact is with the employees of UHC Health Centers and DOC sites, but may also include vendors, benefits providers, and local business establishments.
Refer to ADA checklist.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
Refer to ADA checklist.
OTHER SIGNIFICANT FACTS
OTHER SIGNIFICANT FACTSThe incumbentmust be able to balance the needs of diverse constituencies on a daily basis.
The position involves everyday risk and discomforts, which require normal safety pre-cautions typical of such places as offices, meetings, training rooms, and other UHC health Care Sites. The work area is adequately lit, heated, and ventilated. The position requires contact with staff at all levels throughout the organization. There are also external organization relationships that may be part of the work of this individual. All medical services shall be provided according to medically accepted community standards of care. The employee shall provide evidence of recent (within the past twelve (12) months) health assessment that includes a PPD and/or chest x-ray results.
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.