Job Summary: Under direct supervision, to maintain prescribed standards of cleanliness for assigned areas, using germicidal solutions and following prescribed procedures and posted work schedules.
- Cleans floor and wall surfaces in designated areas such as patient care units, examination rooms, offices and immediate grounds by washing, sweeping, vacuuming, or mopping with specified cleaning agents; removes spills by wet mopping as necessary; cleans isolation rooms and surgical areas to high standards of cleanliness and sterilization as directed.
- Sanitizes rest rooms using brushes, mops, soap, and other materials as required; replaces expendable items such as toilet paper, hand towels, etc.
- Transports and empties trash and sharps containers by depositing refuse in specified collection areas.
- Daily cleans patient rooms to include bedside table, over the bed table, spot-checking walls, emptying and relining trash container, dry/damp mopping or vacuuming floor surface.
- Cleans patient rooms after patients have been discharged, using the department procedure for discharge cleaning.
- Performs other duties as required, such as cleaning light fixtures, wall vents, and moving furniture.