SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
La Veta Surgical is a Multi-Specialty Surgical Center with 5 OR's and 1 GI Suite. We also have a 2nd site in Irvine, Ca where there are 2 OR’s and 1 GI Room. A positive attitude and the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment are a must. We are a state-of-the-art center and are looking for the following position:
Environmental Services Tech (Turn over)
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Restocks, labels, and maintains inventory, submits requisitions, collects and distributes instruments, trays, and facility medical equipment.
- Assists with maintaining established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, and quality improvement, safety, and environmental and infection control standards.
- Recognizes and anticipates the needs of the surgical team assuring equipment availability.
- Recognizes abnormal functioning of all medical equipment, and notifies appropriate person or company regarding malfunction
- Reviews par levels of supplies and equipment, to ensure that the resources necessary for patient safety are available.
- Assist surgical team with the set up and turnover of the Operating rooms before and after all surgery
- Restocks all OR’s at indicated PAR levels
- Maintains Equipment room organized
- Assist with various tasks throughout the departments, as needed and assigned by Charge Nurse
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Current national certification as a SPD Technician, Certified Registered Central Service Technician, or Surgical Instrument Processor required
- Three years of Sterile Processing Technician experience preferred
- Case picking experience preferred
- Certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) preferred
Please click HERE to apply.