Position performs special cleaning projects as well as daily cleaning duties in accordance with standard procedures of the housekeeping department and with hospital objectives. Assigned areas may include patient rooms, nursing units, surgical areas, administrative offices, laboratory areas, waiting areas and public restrooms.
- Cleans and disinfects patient rooms, beds, gurneys, examination tables, restrooms, offices, and other common areas within the hospital environment to established standards.
- Performs terminal cleaning of patient rooms and special procedure rooms in accordance with standard procedures.
- Collects and disposes regular trash, RMW (Regulated Medical Waste), and recycle materials.
- Collect and removes soiled linen into appropriate bin.
- Replenishes, hand soap, hand sanitizer, other supplies as needed.
- Dust mops floors with microfiber using standard operating procedures.
- Wet mops floors with disinfectant using microfiber material following standard operating procedure.
- Dusts all horizontal and vertical surfaces, furniture, wash walls, clean and polish fixtures, air vents, handrails, blinds, windows and sills and other items as required.
- Handles various types of cleaning chemicals in compliance with established guidelines and utilizing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- May be trained and asked to perform floor care work to include buffing, stripping and re-finishing, scrubbing baseboards, earthquake joints, thresholds.
- May be trained to deliver linen in accordance with medical facilities par level policies. Stamp and document new linen. Document salvaged linen.
- Reports any conditions requiring maintenance attention or repair to immediate supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements
- Previous custodial experience in the healthcare or hospitality industry preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to comprehend and follow detailed instructions in English
- Physical demands include continuous movement, including frequent standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, climbing, pushing, pulling, reaching, and other use of hands.
- Be able to lift 50 pounds
- Operation of motorized equipment, for generalized floor cleaning.
- Frequent exposure to chemicals such as cleaning solutions; potential exposure to blood and other bodily fluids.
- Varying work shifts
This job description is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)