UnityPoint Health - Fort Dodge
Environmental Services Tech
FTE: 1.0 (Full-time, 40hours per week)
Shift: Monday - Friday 2:30pm - 11:00pm; every other weekend and holiday
*INCREASED COMPETITVE WAGES*
- Completes the routine and/or special cleaning needs of areas assigned to work to include, but not limited to: auto scrubbing, battery operated vacuum (bovaccing), dry and wet mopping, wiping off horizontal and vertical surfaces, vacuuming, pulling trash, high dusting, edging, cleaning sinks, toilets, showers, tubs, fans, extracting carpets, cleaning stairwells, operate cardboard/trash packer.
- Safely handles, weighs, and records biohazard waste as required. Safely handles all waste streams according to policy/guidelines.
- Maintains high standards of cleanliness as defined by program requirements.
- Notifies Supervisor or HELP Desk of any repairs or maintenance needed.
- Delivers supplies if assigned.
- Delivers clean linen after hours and holidays.
- Delivers overhead bar and trapeze (Assist clinical staff with set-up as requested), traction equipment, medical gas cylinders and other equipment as requested.
- Assists with meeting room set-ups.
- Responds to emergencies within the department.
- Responds appropriately as assigned to trained emergency codes.
- Participates daily in department stretching program.
- Suggests to the Supervisor or Manager safer, more efficient methods of performing assigned work.
- Demonstrates positive customer/co-worker relations skills
- Follows department and hospital safety policies.
- Completes daily clean-up of carts and equipment as assigned.
- Maintains cleanliness and orderliness in Environmental Services' supply closets, cleaning stations and storage areas.
- Identifies and reports/documents needed maintenance of equipment if assigned.
- Maintains patient confidentiality (HIPAA).
- Adheres to all hospital and department policies and procedures and Standards of Behavior
- Responds to Disruptive Individual Codes
- High School diploma or equivalent desirable, but not required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- None required
- Previous Environmental Service (housekeeping) experience in a health care facility desirable, but not required.
- Primarily on the job training.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and respond to pagers.
- Ability to read and hear, and write English at a level that supports communication with patients, visitors, and staff.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to relate to others in a caring, tactful and courteous manner in less than calm circumstance.
- Basic computer skills (i.e. net-learning, e-mail)