Environmental Specialist-Remediation Focus*
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 93,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
“The impact 3M has on people’s lives and communities around the globe is amazing. As the leader of 3M’s global community giving, I am incredibly proud to be part of and work alongside 3Mers, community partners and customers committed to making positive social change.” – Michael Stroik, director of 3Mgives
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As an Environmental Specialist-Remediation Focus you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by being primarily responsible for supporting and leading environmental remediation projects involving cross functional teams for various sites around the world.
- Serve as project engineer/scientist and/or project manager (project spend, directing external contractors, implementing remediation technologies, etc.) for assigned remediation projects and optimize project effectiveness at all phases
- Assess regulatory requirements and establish remediation strategy
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders regarding relative aspects of assigned projects including property acquisition, divestiture and/or closure
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M is looking for candidates who must have the following qualifications:
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher in an engineering or science discipline (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum seven (7) years of environmental experience in a private, public, government or military environment
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, Geological Engineering, Geology, Hydrogeology, Geophysics or related discipline from an accredited institution
- Project management experience that includes training and experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Environmental regulatory knowledge (with understanding of waste and remediation concepts and regulations), that includes work with regulatory agencies (general interactions, negotiations and/or audits)
- Previous experience in waste characterization, geology/hydrogeology, environmental site assessments and/or asbestos regulations
- Strategic thinker, high attention to detail, process-oriented, ability to develop and maintain good working relations with clients, ability to communicate (multi-lingual a plus) broadly, clear/concise writing ability and data documentation style, self-starter with the ability to multi-task
Travel: May include up to 20% domestic/international
Relocation Assistance: May be authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.