Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New England. We support 4 million Gas and Electric customers across CT, MA and NH. Be a part of our mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer service. ENERGY- BRINGS US TOGETHER!!
The Environmental-Specialist (Facilities Compliance) is responsible for coordinating and enabling facility compliance activities in the areas of air, water, and waste management. Provide environmental services and support throughout Eversource that ensure sound business practices and environmental compliance. Responsible for performing site visits to corporate facilities and service centers to ensure full compliance with air, water and waste rules. Develop policies, training and operational controls for both facility and field operations. Accurately interpret applicable rules, regulations, laws and policies. Manage technically sound and cost-effective site assessment and remediation at manufactured gas plant and other sites where the company has environmental liability. Conduct field work and/or oversee consultants and contractors across three states involved in property due diligence evaluations, preparations of remedial action and implementation plans; and management of remediation activities to achieve site closure under clean-up laws and regulations.
- Communicates requirements, delivers guidance and environmental training.
- Tracks environmental obligations for assigned facilities and prepares documentation for submittal to regulatory agencies as required (reporting, permitting, correspondence, etc.). Conducts compliance inspections to evaluate and if needed correct performance.
- Monitors governmental organizations for new rules, regulations, laws and policies applicable to the specific area.
- Defines and assesses procedural, compliance and financial impacts of applicable new rules, regulations, laws and policies.
- Works with internal and external environmental auditors during formal audit processes to ensure prompt follow-through and appropriate protocol changes based on audit findings.
- Works with Gas Operations to advise on environmental issues and policies.
- Formulates, plans, coordinates and handles technically sound environmental site assessment and remediation.
- Oversees site assessment and remediation activities ensuring compliance with applicable state and federal rules.
- Handles contracts including specifications and bid documents, Requests for Proposals (RFP, etc.)
- Ensures property re-acquisition and safe environmental due diligence activities follow ASTM and standard industry practices.
- Accountable for budgets associated with site-assessments, remediation and property due diligence.
- Attends public hearings, public meetings and other forums as required.
- The job requires travel throughout the Eversource service territory of Massachusetts, Connecticut, and New Hampshire to support projects objectives.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Ability to work in fast paced working environment with multiple projects and stakeholders.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Environmental Science or equivalent.
Experience: Minimum of three (3) years utility experience (in either industry or consulting).
Licenses & Certifications:
- CT Licensed Environmental Professional; MA Site Professional and/or NH Professional Geologist preferred.
- Driver’s license required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of state and federal rules associated with site assessment and remediation including ASTM Environmental Due Diligence.
- Strong organizational skills.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor