Halifax Health is seeking an Environmental Aide/Tech for the Environmental Services Department.
This individual assists in providing a clean, sanitary and safe environment for the comfort of our patients, visitors and Team Members.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Previous custodial experience required.
- Perform Checkout cleaning, area cleaning, and floor care cleaning.
- Police and clean assigned areas.
- Dispose of trash from assigned work areas.
- Dust mop, damp mop, and maintain tile floors daily.
- Vacuum, damp mop spots, and maintain carpeted floors daily.
- Occasionally moves furniture and equipment.
- Performs weekly cleaning in assigned areas.
- Cleans and sanitizes trash cans, wheelchairs, stretchers and other rolling stock daily.
- Maintain assigned areas according to Quality Control standards.
- Wash and disinfect furniture and fixtures.
- Utilize discretion and economically use supplies as controlled through distribution.
- Clean and disinfect bed, bed controls, bed frame, motors, mattress, etc. upon patient discharge.
- Maintains department and hospital equipment in good working condition.
- Collects and disposes of refuse, including cleaning and relining of the receptacles.
- Greet patients with a smile and direct eye contact upon entering a room.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all Halifax Health and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Understands and participates in emergency preparedness drills and actual emergencies as instructed in the Emergency Preparedness Manual.
- Performs other related duties and miscellaneous tasks as required.
- Self-motivated worker who functions under little direct supervision.
Recognized by The Joint Commission as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures, Halifax Health serves Volusia and Flagler counties, providing a continuum of healthcare services through a network of organizations including a tertiary hospital, community hospital, psychiatric services, a cancer treatment center with four outreach locations, the area’s largest hospice, a center for inpatient rehabilitation, primary care walk-in clinics, a walk-in clinic specializing in women’s health, two community clinics, three children’s medical practices, a home healthcare agency, and an exclusive provider organization. Halifax Health offers the area’s only Level II Trauma Center, Comprehensive Stroke Center, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Pediatric Emergency Department, Child and Adolescent Behavioral Services, complete Neurosurgical Services, OB Emergency Department and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit that cares for babies born as early as 28 weeks. For more information, visit halifaxhealth.org.