With over 150 years of combined experience, Advanced Compliance & Testing (ACT), Davidson Oil, Flying Star Transport and Willborn Fuel Systems supply, transport, store and dispense the petroleum products that keep our communities moving. As a second-generation family owned business we strive to provide our customers the confidence of an energy supply chain that consistently works without their ongoing concern.
To provide peace of mind through seamless energy
Become downstream petroleum's most trusted partner
All employees are expected to live by, and encourage others to live by, our Principles of Progress (POP)
- Peace of Mind
- Reach for competitive excellence, never stop improving
- Operate with integrity and good judgment
- Go forward with a sense of curiosity, adventure and fun
- Recognize the value of lasting relationships
- Execute with a sense of teamwork and accountability
- Serve others selflessly
- Show professionalism while delivering results
Responsible for helping operate & grow our compliance & testing business in a way that builds our brand, and meets established financial goals. Environmental technicians perform a myriad of petroleum related inspections, testing, and light repairs for retail and private fueling sites.
KEY BEHAVIORAL REQUIREMENTS
- Superior attention to detail skills needed to work with and around fuel and other flammable liquids.
- Be capable of learning new technical skills quickly, thriving in a fast-paced work environment with frequent change.
- Be capable of independent decision making, with little supervision, while always mitigating business risk.
- Be an effective written and verbal communicator with customers, vendors, regulators, supervision, and peers.
- Contributes to highly functional team and disciplined processes.
- Have excellent follow-up skills to ensure highest levels of customer service and quality craftsmanship.
Meet established operational benchmarks and goals by:
- Performing safe and efficient site assessments, leak and/or corrosion testing, inspections, repairs, installations, and related environmental compliance projects.
- Paying close attention to detail while measuring test results; thoroughly documenting and submitting accurate information to be turned over to customers and federal/state regulatory agencies.
- Following through on commitments and consistently meeting established targets for response time, test time, repair time, time to invoice, number of trips, and reporting deficiencies observed.
- Using hands, equipment, and small tools to complete environmental projects.
- Consistently meeting or exceeding targets for quality assurance and control measures as identified by inspections, QC calls, customer engagement surveys and market share analysis.
- Prioritizing and completing assigned tasks and projects by established deadlines.
Ensure the safety, quality, efficiency, and timely delivery of ACT projects by:
- Living and modeling our culture of safety and compliance as measured by QC calls, Safety audits, and OSHA 300 log scores.
- Ensuring ongoing maintenance, security, and safety of company equipment, shops, tools, and parts as measured by the profit and loss statement.
- Being a safe and efficient driver while traveling in a multi-state area, with frequent overnight stays.
- Being a learner. Staying abreast of training, certifications, re-certifications, and relevant industry information needed to facilitate quality work, as measured by our training department and learning management system(LMS).
- Helping deliver environmental projects and repairs on time and below budget, as measured by job cost reporting and the profit and loss statement.
Help create a highly functional, disciplined team by:
- Communicating effectively with enterprise employees, customers, vendors, and contractors as measured by internal and external engagement surveys, as well as QC calls and audits.
- Following through on commitments and schedules as measured by enterprise software tools related to task management, dispatch, and sales processes.
Meet established revenue, expense, and profit targets by:
- Meeting or exceeding established sales, upsell, and productivity goals as measured by KPI reporting.
- Using technology as a competitive advantage, to increase both productivity and service levels as measured by KPI reporting and customer engagement measures.
Maintain and increase external and internal customer satisfaction by:
- Demonstrating a highly-developed sense of integrity-developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrating a passion for excellence with respect to caring for customers.
- Having a pleasant, patient, and friendly attitude.
- Demonstrating strong communication/listening skills.
- Possessing a strong work ethic and team player mentality.
Contribute to the overall goals and success of the company by:
- Willingly accepting new assignments
- Completing other tasks and projects as assigned
- Helping team members
- Learning new skills
- Striving to improve team results
- Experience/education/training in construction, leak and/or corrosion testing, inspection, repairs, installations, and related environmental compliance projects or fueling systems, electricity, plumbing, mechanics, computers, networking, or instrumentation are a plus. Ex-military personnel are encouraged to apply. Will train the right motivated candidate with mechanical aptitude and willingness to learn.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must have a clean driving record
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug & background checks
- Must have a high school diploma
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- Exerting up to 75 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles or equipment and operating machines where the seeing job is at or within arm's reach
- The worker is subject to outside environmental conditions with no effective protection from the weather and may be subject to both extreme heat and extreme cold.
- Must be available for occasional overnight stays, can kneel, bend and stoop, tolerate extreme temperatures, have a good driving record, be drug-free, and can drive for long periods.