Position : EO Operator / Sterilization
Location : Sandy, UT
Duration : 12 Months Contract
Start Time : 5:45 AM
End Time : 6:00 PM
Total Hours/week :40.00
- The EO Operator 1 is required to operate all material handling equipment such as electric forklifts, stretch wrappers, electric pallet jacks, manual pallet jacks and slip sheeters.
- Has good communication skills as well as good math skills.
- Has working knowledge of warehouse stock locator systems, bar code system, and electronic scanners, parts and catalog, and computer systems.
- Moves stock and rotates materials according to FIFO for incoming and outgoing material.
- Arranges material in the sterilizer/warehouse as per KanBan bin requirements.
- Loads and unloads trucks.
- Assists in company physical inventories and cycle counts.
- Will work twelve (12) hour shifts, including weekends.
- Will prepare product for sterilization, including staging and sporing.
- This person will support the Sterilizer Supervisor and EO Operators in the daily operations and overall performance of the sterilize
- Verify quantities on production transfers, delivery record from departments and freight bill of lading, noting any damage or shortages.
- Prepare product for manual and/or automated processing.
- On incoming raw materials or finished goods product, prepare pallets and pull packing slip or product transfer record.
- If no packing slip, prepare a substitute packing slip. Verify quantity, part number, P.O. number and vendor lot number against packing slip or product transfer record.
- Give packing slip to receiving coordinator or shipping coordinator.
- On out going product, verify quantities, lot numbers and part numbers to be shipped, prepare pallets with slip-sheets, stretch wrap and load, calculating correct cube and weights.
- Prep materials as per KanBan, bin system.
- Assist in all paperwork and adding spores to product to be sterilized.
- Must have ability to safely operate pallet jacks, stretch wrappers, scales, cranes, bar code/scanner equipment, dock levelers/dock restraints, wheel chocks, etc. under prescribed regulations.
- Responsible for cycle counts, physical inventories of raw materials and finished goods or as required.
- Maintains work area in neat and orderly condition.
- Comply with all local, state, federal, and client safety regulations, policies, and procedures including RCRA Hazardous waste regulations.
- Assist with ethylene oxide emergencies when and if they should occur.
- Comply with all local client quality policies, procedures, and practices through consistent application of sound quality assurance principles.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Cycle counts completed daily.
- Works on Continuous Improvement programs to effectively improve sterilization production.
- Works in a manner that reduces lost time and safety incidents.
- Works in an appropriate manner to reduce errors.
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED.
- Good communication, math and computer skills required.
- one year comparable outside warehouse experience.
- Must have good work and attendance record.
- Must be able to become licensed to operate forklifts and other material handling equipment.