Epic Ambulatory Analyst - Senior
Location: Hyde Park, IL or Darien, IL
No VISA/Sponsorship Available
Join one of the nation’s most comprehensive academic medical centers, UChicago Medicine. The Information Systems Department currently has an opportunity for an Epic Ambulatory Analyst, Senior to formulate/ define system scope and objectives on both user needs and a good understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
EPIC Ambulatory System Analyst (Senior) - Job Summary
In this role, and under general direction, the Epic Ambulatory Analyst, Senior formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a good understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
- Design, build, and test Applications to address complex business requests
- Analyzes business and user needs, documentation of requirements and workflows
- Troubleshoot and fix complex application issues
- On-call support
- Guide and mentor less-experienced Business System Analysts
- Competent to work at the highest technical level of most phases of systems analysis while considering the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment
EPIC Ambulatory Systems Analyst (Senior) - Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant certification in healthcare, business management or information systems is required
- Epic Ambulatory certification with 2-3 years of Ambulatory implementation and/or support experience is required
- Epic Beacon and/or Phoenix Certification is a plus
- Minimal of four (4) years’ experience with information system software solutions
- Solid understanding of underlying technologies: hardware, networking, Intranet, Internet, PDA, bar coding and wireless.
- Experience with multiple software applications, systems analysis/design, Integration/design, or web applications/design.
- Must have issue tracking and resolution skills
- Must be able to prioritize, organize, and assess work in order to meet aggressive deadlines and to cope in a fast paced environment.
- Familiarity with tools and concepts of process improvement desired, including the following: methods analysis, work sampling, statistical analysis, financial analysis, and systems analysis
- Experience developing presentations for project work
- Capable of working well in a diverse, multi-disciplinary team and successfully interacting with others at all levels of the organization, including remote teams
- Solid skills in documenting and analyzing business processes
- Proven skills in problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, and effective presentation skills
- Ability to plan and facilitate meetings with diverse participants
- Ability to maintain a professional attitude and demeanor in both normal and pressure situations
Located in Historic Hyde Park, UChicago Medicine is a not-for-profit integrated and academic health system of hospital and physician services, providing world class care since 1927. UChicago Medicine operates four hospitals and a state-of-the-art ambulatory-care facility located within a medical center campus of twenty interconnected buildings, along with several satellite facilities situated throughout Chicago’s south suburbs. In addition, Ingalls Memorial Hospital is located outside of the main medical campus in Harvey, IL. Today, UChicago Medicine and Biological Sciences Division, including Ingalls Memorial Hospital encompass over 800 beds and employ nearly 12,000 people, which includes more than 800 attending physicians, 1100 residents and fellows, and 2,600 nurses.
UChicago Medicine’s mission is to provide superior health care in a compassionate manner, ever mindful of each patient’s dignity and individuality. UChicago Medicine has established a market identity “At the Forefront of Medicine”, and has consistently been able to attract a critical mass of talented physicians, healthcare professionals and staff to treat the most complex clinical problems. In recognition of this excellence, U.S. News and World Report rank many of our programs as among the best in the United States.
Why Join Us
We’ve been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We’re in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you’d like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we’re doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.