Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Optum Enterprise Epic Services analysts will work out of our new Nashville, TN office to establish and grow our emerging support service line. Analysts will serve as a liaison between end-users, project team members and other Information Management resources while providing exemplary customer service and Epic application support in their assigned Epic module(s). OEES team members will help position Optum as a center of excellence for application management services.
Strong candidates for this role will be able to demonstrate self-motivation, individual leadership and team collaboration. Most importantly, our OEES team will foster a culture of diversity and inclusion and drive innovation for our company and our clients.
- Develops complex operational and project-related reports including analysis, design, documentation, versioning development, configuration, testing, implementation and ongoing support for Epic Clarity-based reporting
- Receives and documents formal requests from customer including specifications (layout, calculations, data source, etc.) Evaluates requests for completeness and if needed works with customer to finalize request
- Provides technical direction, guidance and assistance during project development and accomplish all required formal sign-offs
- Designs and documents the general functional requirements and detailed technical specifications for a report
- Assists with Epic upgrades/updates by serving as a subject matter expert for the Epic Clarity data models
- Implements reports/database software in an optimal manner to minimize the effect on production and development activities
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues with reports, including reviewing scripts and database issues
- Provides technical/clinical workflow consultation including application configuration. Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates systems needs to develop recommendations for customers
- Develops, supports and maintains all required system design and build documents and other system documentation
- Provides support of application incidents reported through the help desk; including 24/7 on call coverage as required
- Adheres to organization standards for system configuration and change control
- Develops strong relationships with end user communities, customers and business partners
- Attends, participates in, and contributes to meetings throughout the facility
- Troubleshoots and/or resolves application issues and escalates more complex issues as appropriate
- The Report Writer may create new reports, using third party report writing tools to display Clarity data
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Degree required e.g. Associate, Bachelor, Master.
- 3+ years enterprise experience with Epic systems
- 3+ years’ experience designing, creating, testing and implementing complex reports using Crystal Reports and/or Business Objects Enterprise reporting tools
- Current/active Epic certification(s) with at least one Clarity Data Model certification
- Experience using SQL query techniques and stored procedures to access relational databases with the ability to write efficient queries
- Reporting tool experience or certifications (Oracle, Microsoft, SAS, Cognos, etc.)
- Completed Epic CEE (Continued Epic Education) to maintain certifications, proficiencies, and badges
- Proficiency with MS Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Reside in greater Nashville, TN area or willing to relocate to Nashville
- Ability to demonstrate and have a history of team management (informal or formal), cross-team communication and leadership skills
- Familiarity with Epic applications and database structure
- Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities
- Teamwork and Collaboration. Consultative and collaborative style with demonstrated ability with cross-functional teams
- Clarity Report Writer to create design specifications for new reports and identify and validate the appropriate technological solutions for various reporting needs
- Consults with and advise vendors and technical groups concerning the continued support of reports and databases
- Demonstrates the ability to build and maintain strong internal relationships as well as motivate and inspire other team members through strong consultative skills
- Demonstrates a strong ability to build partnerships and influence others. Work across team, group and business boundaries to drive commonality and reusability in solution to real-world problems
- Demonstrates strong relationship management skills and ability to handle challenging interpersonal situations
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Epic, Consultant, Report Writer, Optum, Healthcare, Nashville, TN, Tennessee