The EPM Financial Systems Technical Support Analyst position will support the day-to-day IT operations of the company’s Hyperion applications:
This position will work closely with the EPM development team and the Network Operations team ensure our EPM financial systems are meeting the business needs, are fully compliant and ensure the systems are functioning properly.
The role is responsible for ensuring the functions of change management, and release management comply with:
- Section 404-public company requirements
- SOX--including design and enforcement of security roles to maintain proper segregation of duties (SOD)
- COSO 2013 process documentation requirements
- SDLC lifecycle policies and procedures
Whenever gaps or issues arise, this role is responsible within EPM function to identify, resolve and close the issue. This role will be a liaison to satisfy external and internal audit requests.
Hyperion modules include: Planning, HFM, FCM, HTP, FCM, and ARM.
Hyperion functionality include: FDMEE, Shared Services, Life Cycle Management, and administration
Other applications include: Oracle Governance, Risk, and Controls and Oracle Reporting (OBIEE and Financial Reporting).
This position will be part of a team consisting of 1) suppliers performing support and development services, and 2) a team of corporate staff.
Suppliers – The supplier relationships cover hosting, consulting, break/fix, development and coverage of languages and time zones.
In addition to the above, the role is responsible for ensuring smooth operations of a complex global architecture associated with a sophisticated EPM environment that meets a diverse set of regulatory requirements. This includes monitoring and managing system performance, upgrades, patching, user access, some configuration and over all application support. Role will also be involved in defining and assessing ongoing analysis on upgrading or re-architecting the current applications including assessment of Cloud Application viability.
- Resolve operational problems within the defined schedules and service level agreements.
- Analyze root causes of operational malfunctions and provide resolutions.
- Handle escalated issues and follow-up on outstanding issues promptly.
- Develop preventive measures and document issue resolution procedures.
- Recommend process improvements to improve operational efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Evaluate current operational processes and recommend improvements.
- Monitor system operations and troubleshoot problems. Manage job scheduling tool and monitor repair activities.
- Maintain daily logs of operational issues and maintenance activities.
- Contribute to business meetings and report on issue status.
- Develop support plan to prioritize and resolve multiple issues.
- Address customer issues promptly and accurately.
- 4 year degree computer science or related field required. Additional certifications a plus
- 8+ years relevant consulting, support or IT operations in a similar technical environment
- Experience with Oracle EPM Tools, HFM, Budget and Planning, etc.
- Industry or Shared Services experience a plus
- Experience supporting OBIEE and other like platforms is a plus
- Ability to speak a foreign language is a plus: particularly Spanish or Portuguese
- Knowledge of IT and Finance control environment; ability to identify, evaluate, monitor controls
- Familiarity and experience managing Help Desk operations and procedures
- Deep experience in taking requirements and making packaged software conform to requirements
- Ability to document, analyze and evaluate processes using Visio or other tools
- Exposure to Finance & Accounting: Fixed Assets and Capital Accounting, Financial Analysis & Management Reporting, Procurement, Closing & Consolidations, External Reporting, Travel & Expenses, Treasury, Accounts Payables and associated systems
- Ability to evaluate technical deliverables produced by others
- Knowledge regarding data centers, hosting and managing these vendor relationships
- Ability to define integration points, XML, flat file and other formats, a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Create clear and concise messages that effectively communicate.
- Be viewed as a credible and sincere source of thought leadership.
- Be vocal in Identifying improvement opportunities and actively engage in implementing improvements.
- Capable of being entrusted with “confidential” information.
- Ability to build productive working relationships with customers and associates.
- Ability to make decisive decisions on difficult issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to be flexible with job duties and scope of work.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178