Equipment Engineer Etch- NCG 2021
This position will be located at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in Malta, New York (Fab8) and report to the Etch Equipment Engineering Manager with the primary responsibility of installing new tools, working with the supplier on equipment issues and/or upgrades and supporting the manufacturing floor. Able to work in a cleanroom environment per semiconductor industry and GLOBALFOUNDRIES protocol requirements, wearing all required clean room protective clothing and equipment up to a 12H day and lift a minimum of 30 pounds on a periodic basis during tool maintenance (scheduled or unscheduled).
As an Equipment Engineer you are responsible to support the Fab8 Etch operations team. This responsibility includes, but is not limited to:
• Drive equipment planning, equipment selection and configuration with the area process engineers
• Own installation, start up and volume ramp for all respective semiconductor process equipment
• Strong focus on keeping timelines and cost/budget control
• Primary decision maker with facilities for equipment hookup and subsequent control
• Establish and manage the equipment budget and cost model together with the module Planner
• Work in close collaboration with Process and Manufacturing teams
• Establishment of the equipment engineering and maintenance related business processes (SOPs, BKMs, JBIs) necessary to run and maintain the tools in production, as well as their documentation according to quality standards.
• Develop and train the equipment technicians. Create materials and perform training of technicians working on tools in the area.
• Ensure close interaction with equipment suppliers. Supplier management – own escalation and work together on resolution of tool issues.
• Define and control maintenance contracts as well as their continuous improvement
• Advanced trouble shooting of semiconductor process tool issues:
• Set up Equipment performance KPIs (Availability, Net MT%, PM Success), monitoring and adjustment according to fab goals
• After equipment start-up / ramp up, become responsible for all daily equipment engineering tasks including performance tracking, continuous improvement and cost reduction programs
• Ensure continuous knowledge exchange on best known methods and improvement levers with sister fabs (ex. Fab 1, Fab 7, Fab10) engineers. Translate changes in other factories to improvement actions within current fab.
• Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation,gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.