Requisition ID: 77056
• Understand and comply with all federal, state, and company health, safety, and environmental requirements in regards to equipment used in ground preparation and deep foundations.
• Perform long/short range equipment planning, scheduling, and budgeting.
• Use reliability and failure analysis data to increase equipment availability and reliability.
• Establish and maintain communications between all levels of supervision and management.
• Support of Equipment Superintendent in shop or staff on project sites – ordering parts, managing safety, inventory and quality.
• Undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering Technology, Diesel/Automotive Technology or similar.
• Two or more years of field related/equipment experience.
• Willingness to travel and relocate as required.
• Willingness to work in both office, yard, shop and field environments and ability to freely access all points of a construction project site as needed.
• Fast-paced equipment yard/shop environment as well as possible assignment on project site; must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management, staff and craft personnel while simultaneously manage a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift and move up objects up to 50 pounds. Work in potentially wide ranging climates and environment.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Omaha
Nearest Secondary Market: Council Bluffs
Job Segment:Engineer, Construction, Mechanical Engineer, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Engineering