Equipment Engineer Implant- NCG 2021
Job Number: 20003360
The Fab 8 Diffusion/Implant Equipment Engineering Team is seeking a smart, motivated teammate to help create the future by making the world a better place by manufacturing the devices that make the world run.
The position will be located at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in Malta, New York, and report to the Fab 8 Diffusion/Implant Equipment Manager.
- In your role as Equipment Engineer you are responsible to support the Fab8 Diffusion/Implant Operations team. This responsibility includes, but is not limited to:
- Drive equipment planning, equipment selection and configuration with the area process engineers
- Own installation, start up and volume ramp for all respective semiconductor process equipment
- Strong focus on keeping timelines and cost/budget control
- Primary decision maker with facilities for equipment hookup and subsequent control
- Establish and manage the equipment budget, cost model (multi-million dollar budgets per year)
- Work in close collaboration with Process and Manufacturing
- Establishment of the equipment engineering and maintenance related business processes, necessary to run the tools in production, as well as their documentation according to quality standards.
- Develop and train the equipment technicians. Create materials and perform training of technicians working on tools in the area. Also includes owning the training budget.
- Ensure close interaction with equipment suppliers. Supplier management – own escalation to the supplier of issues (includes calling in specialist – travel, service changes)
- Define and control maintenance contracts as well as their continuous improvement
- Advanced trouble shooting of semiconductor process tool issues.
- Trace data analysis using OEM’s application
- Trace data analysis using current FDC implementation
- Able to read and understand tool schematics (electrical, PIDs, utilities diagrams)
- Set up Equipment performance KPIs, monitoring and adjustment according to fab goals
- After equipment start-up / ramp up responsibility for all daily equipment engineering tasks including performance tracking, continuous improvement and cost reduction programs
- Ensure continuous knowledge exchange on best known methods and improvement levers with GlobalFoundries. Translate changes in other factories to improvement actions within current fab.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety and Security requirements and programs
- 0-1 year Technical/Associates Degree in Science, Math, Engineering, Semiconductor Manufacturing or a related discipline with a minimum of 3 years equipment engineering experience on relevant equipment or prior Military Experience with equivalent 5 years military training/experience
- B.S. Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical), Materials Science, Solid State Physics or other relevant engineering physical science discipline is required with a minimum of 0-2 years of semiconductor equipment experience
- Alternatively, 2 Year Technical/Associates Degree in Science, Math, Engineering, Semiconductor Manufacturing or a related discipline with a minimum of 6 years semiconductor equipment engineering experience or prior Military Experience with equivalent 5 years military training/experience
- Experience working in a high volume foundry environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, energetic and self-starter.
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a global matrixed team or environment.
- Language fluency-fluent in English language-written & verbal
- Strong continuous improvement mindset, permanently driving to identify and eliminate waste and errors in business processes, work procedures and instructions, work organization
- Capture complex situations very fast, react accordingly and manage multiple tasks simultaneously to react to shifting priorities to meet business needs
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization and experience in working with external constituencies.
- Strong organizational skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet business needs.
- Ability to drive internal and external CIP projects and aggressive cost reduction roadmaps
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments.
- Willing to work on shift/weekend if required due to business needs.
- Willing to travel for business as required
- Able to work in a cleanroom environment per semiconductor industry and GLOBALFOUNDRIES protocol/requirements, wearing all required clean room protective clothing and equipment up to a 12 hour day and lift a minimum of 30 pounds on a periodic basis throughout the shift (preventive maintenance) and/or process issues.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation,gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.